- Look back at the best home decor Instagrams from 2013 — Home
- Watch Kellan Lutz's abs in the new Hercules pictures — Entertainment
- Bet you've never made Christmas cookies like these before! — Food
- Behold the scientific reasons guys are so attractive — Love & Sex
- Video: Work out on your business trip with this hotel-room ab routine — Fitness
- The 18 most pinned DIYs of 2013 — Smart Living
- How to deck out your teen's hangout spot — Moms
- Put a geeky twist on your ugly Christmas sweater — Tech
- Kate Middleton's hair is having the best year ever — Beauty
- 25 models with unbeatable street style — Fashion
- How Pope Francis surprised us all in the year 2013 — Celebrity & News
- Vintage fitness ads you won't believe existed — Fitness
You don't have to own their labels to know their names (but wouldn't it be nice if we could all have a little Alexander Wang for Balenciaga in our closets?!). These designers were on the tip of our tongues this year for all the right reasons. Whether it was a grand entrance, big exit, or even bigger collaboration, these six are so chic that choosing just one is a nearly impossible task. That's where you come in! Read on, and vote in our poll by Dec. 16 to pick the year's top designer!
Ah, the red carpet. The place where celebrities come out in their most gorgeous gowns and sexiest minis. While many looks have us talking the next day, only a selection of standouts are truly unforgettable — looks that we'll be thinking about long after the ball drops on New Year's Eve. From Kate Hudson's stunning turquoise Reem Acra at an NYC bash to Kerry Washington's headline-grabbing Prada number at the Oscars, these dresses are destined to go down in red carpet history.
Now, we've compiled a list of the 64 top frocks of the year, and we're enlisting your help to choose the very best red carpet look. So, from Eva Longoria to Emily Blunt, from Jennifer Aniston to Jennifer Lawrence, vote for your favorite now when you play the Best Red Carpet Look of 2013 bracket right here!
The return of Downton Abbey is a cause for well-dressed celebration, and star Michelle Dockery attended a season four event in a pretty pink dress that tapped into her girliest side. The long-sleeved, pleated Miu Miu frock hit above the knee, and for accessories, she went classic, carrying a Prada clutch and wearing satin peep-toe heels. Love the idea of pink for your next holiday event (or an upcoming Downton viewing party)? Shop similar looks here.
It was an outstanding year for dresses on the red carpet! Celebrities like Rihanna, Claire Danes, and Jennifer Lawrence really took their style up a notch in 2013. We've rounded up our 10 favorite dress moments from this year: take a look, and vote on your favorite dress of the year in our 2013 best dressed bracket.
On Allison: H&M top, Mango vest
- Save up to 50 percent on designer pieces at MATCHESFASHION.COM's Winter sale
- Fight the cold by snuggling up in these supersoft sweaters
- Channel the fashion of American Hustle with Michael Wilkinson's picks
- Winterize your maxi dresses with these expert styling tips
- Hint, hint. Send this lovely holiday wish list to your main squeeze
- Reimagine the classic little black dress with sleek leather silhouettes
Even when they weren't working, these models were working it. All year, Karlie Kloss, Alessandra Ambrosio, Miranda Kerr, and the rest of the supermodel pack proved that even if they run errands, pick up their kids, and stroll around the city just like the rest of us, they can't help but look like the models they are while doing it. They've spawned their own brand of street style: the model-off-duty style — and we've been keeping tabs on all the girls, off the catwalk. For the 25 model moments that wowed us off the runway, just keep clicking for the best model street style of 2013.
The nominations for the Screen Actors Guild Awards may have only been announced today, but we're already looking forward to the red carpet styles of this year's nominees — and with good reason. From new recruit Lupita Nyong'o to returning favorite Julia Roberts, the big nominees are running the gamut. Plus, between Jennifer Lawrence's deluge of Dior looks during her recent Hunger Games: Catching Fire tour, Sandra Bullock's eye-catching blue dress in Japan, and Cate Blanchett's stunning ensembles in Dubai, we have a feeling the 2014 SAG Awards may set the style bar that much higher this award season. Which nominee are you most looking forward to seeing on the carpet?
No matter how cute your ugly Christmas sweater may be, the perfect holiday accessory is the sartorial equivalent of the star on top of the tree. Whether you're one for sparkling sunglasses, kitschy headbands, or bags in the shape of your favorite wintertime cookie, we've gathered a few of our favorites to make sure you turn more than a few heads — and maybe even elicit a holiday chuckle — at your next party.
Clockwise from top left: Charlotte Olympia Ginger Bag ($665), Urban Outfitters Reindeer Antler Glasses ($8), Urban Outfitters Snowflake Glasses ($8), 3.1 Phillip Lim Snowflake-Intarsia Knitted Sweater ($475), Urban Outfitters Santa Pug Pullover Sweatshirt ($44), Dorothy Perkins Gingerbread House Sock Pack ($12), Topshop Snowman Boypants Underwear ($8), Target Adult Mistletoe Headband ($3), Urban Outfitters Instant Ugly Sweater Patches ($14), Charlotte Olympia Holly Flats ($795), Dolci Gioie Christmas Wreath Earrings ($178)