It's a common myth that you can't wear white after Labor Day, but we don't follow such rules. White can be chic year round, as long as it's styled correctly — which is why we headed over to Malibu's Madison boutique to put together some Winter-white ensembles. Whether you want to slip into a pretty skirt and sweater combo or take on crisp whites for your next after-hours soiree, just watch on for sartorial inspiration now!
We watched her all year long and came to one conclusion: we've never seen Olivia Palermo in an outfit we didn't love — or wanted to re-create. In years past, we'd tune in to The City just to see what she'd wear, but this year, we got our style fix watching her front row at Fashion Weeks around the world, playing dress-up for Oscar de la Renta as the face of the designer's Outnet collection, and strolling the streets of New York City alongside beau Johannes Huebl. In every case, one thing holds true: we pretty much want everything she's wearing.
With that in mind, we've put together an Olivia Palermo lookbook — complete with every one of the fashion darling's eclectic, cool, and utterly chic ensembles from 2013. Click through to garner a little inspiration and see why Olivia was best dressed all year long.
There are some gifts so good, you just can't go wrong with them . . . and they'll work no matter who you're shopping for. Classic, timeless presents are often the most practical — the ones that the recipient will love, wear, and use for years to come. From a beloved brand of ballet flats to the top trench in the game, these are the gifts any girl would want.
With temperatures dropping into the 30s in NYC, you might expect bikinis to come off the shopping list for most girls. But turns out, it's the swimwear and sweet dresses that're really moving in Nicky Zimmermann's new flagship boutique on Mercer. "I’ve been watching the customers, and their comments are that they can get a swimsuit, but they can get a little dress or a printed pant, and it’s very resort, but they can still walk around in New York in August in it," Zimmermann told POPSUGAR at the party for her new store.
And who better to understand the need for a beach getaway in December than a native Australian? But when it came to any difference between the chic girls of NYC and the laid-back girls of Sydney, she demurred. "I believe that [the NYC customer] is the same girl that we sell to in Sydney. I really don’t think they’re any different. They dress the same, they like the same things, they are in completely different countries, but they’re just very much into the same thing."
And that means the sweetly feminine designs that Zimmermann is known for! And if you think that the Spring and Resort pieces are only for holidays away, think again and take a styling tip from the recent shoppers in the new flagship. "I’m watching girls try on little strapless dresses and wearing tights and black boots and a coat over it. . . . Because, here, everywhere you go, you’re boiling hot once you’re inside!" the designer said. So, there you go. Layer your Summer dresses over tights and boots (and, might we add, a turtleneck), throw on a coat, and you're ready to go. Visit the Zimmermann boutique if you are in NYC at 55 Mercer St.
There's probably nothing quite so cozy as sitting fireside at the ski lodge with a cup of cocoa in hand. It's the ultimate Winter getaway — and deserves the ultimate Winter outfit. Only a chic après-ski ensemble would be fitting — a cool balance of comfy basics, like leggings, and a touch of the season via a Fairisle knit. Hey, even if you're not hitting the slopes, you can still appreciate the dress code.
Shop clockwise from top left: Aritzia TNA Northwest Sweater ($125), Rag & Bone Jean Slubbed Henley Tee ($150), Juicy Couture All That Glitters Sparkle Cable Beanie ($68), Illesteva Leonard II Sunglasses ($285), Topshop Ankle Leggings ($20), Manitobah Mukluk Boots ($170-$280)
To maximize Black Friday's biggest deals, we're planning ahead — you know what they say about the early bird, right? To catch the best sale offers, you've gotta know where to go and when. That's where we come in: we're giving you the heads-up on where to score the biggest deals on one of the craziest shopping days of the year. Consider this your Black Friday field guide, and start strategizing now.
- DVF: Get $50 off when you spend $200 online with code DVFINSIDER now through Dec. 31.
- Gap: Head over to your Gap stores for a big payoff — enjoy 50 percent off on Nov. 29, and score 40 percent off storewide from Nov. 30 through Dec. 2.
- BaubleBar: The more you spend, the more you save on BaubleBar's selection of jewels. You'll earn 15 percent off two items with code FRIDAY15, 25 percent off three items with code FRIDAY25, and even 35 percent off four items or more with code FRIDAY35 on Nov. 29.
- Forever 21: Enjoy pre-Black Friday sales at Forever 21 beginning Nov. 20 and featuring styles up to 50 percent off. On Nov. 29, look forward to yellow-tag deals with items starting at $3.
- BCBG: Treat yourself to 15 percent off when you use the code WELCOME2013 now through Nov. 30 online.
- Shoshanna: From Nov. 28 to Dec. 3, enjoy 30 percent off all full-priced items and an additional 15 percent off sale items.
- Dannijo: Don't miss out on the jeweler's surprise sales happening online from Nov. 27 through Dec. 2.
- ArtsyModern: You'll receive free shipping and score 30 percent off the site's collection of unique jewels, scarves, gifts, and more from Nov. 28 through Dec. 1.
- Vince Camuto: Take 20 percent off with code THANKS online from now through Nov. 30.
- Ellington Handbags: Take 20 percent off sitewide, plus free shipping with code JOY20 from Black Friday through Cyber Monday (Nov. 29 through Dec. 2).
- Elva Fields: Shop this collection of jewels guilt-free with 20 percent off when you use the code LIVEITUP20 from Black Friday through Cyber Monday.
- Shopbop and East Dane: Save 15 percent when you spend $250, 20 percent when you spend $500, and 25 percent when you spend $1,000 on Shopbop and East Dane from Tuesday (Nov. 26) through Cyber Monday.
- House of Harlow: Receive 25 percent off the entire site using the code BLACKHOH from Thursday, Nov. 21, through Cyber Monday.
The piece: Alex and Ani Metallic Daze Bangle Set
The price: $358
Why we want it: They say it's better to give than to receive, but we don't think holiday shopping is that cut-and-dry. We had to do some soul searching when we came across this sleek set of studded, spiked, sparkly silver bracelets. From Alex and Ani, a jewelry brand known for its expandable bangles, these accessories make the perfect present — they fit any wrist! Plus, you can wear them all together to make a serious statement or one at a time for a more delicate approach to holiday styling. Everyone on your list will love them. Our recommendation? Buy an extra set for yourself so you don't miss out on the fun. Or hey, if you've got to, buy one, keep a bangle for yourself, and share the rest with your five favorite ladies. What they don't know won't hurt 'em.
Want to be a POPSUGAR Fashion street style star? Submit your looks, and check back in the morning — you may just see yourself!
- Black Widow leads the ladies of Marvel Universe Live — Tech
- The latest members of the Fifty Shades of Grey movie cast — Entertainment
- Perfect presents for women in their 40s — Beauty UK
- Spread the love with romantic prints — Love & Sex
- Free apps essential for surviving Black Friday — Smart Living
- Holiday cards pretty enough to frame — Home
- How to get back on track after Thanksgiving — Fitness
- See how the stars celebrated Turkey Day — Celebrity & News
- Cyber Monday beauty deals to bookmark — Beauty
- Kid-friendly recipes for Thanksgiving leftovers — Moms
- Gifts to get from Neiman Marcus's catalog — Food
- Comfy and cute alternatives to sweatpants — Fashion
With Black Friday just a week away, it's time to get your shopping game face on. Sure, some amazing deals are to be had, but that's not without making a few sacrifices the morning after Turkey Day.