Just the night before, Rooney Mara joined sister Kate on the red carpet for the premiere of her new show. Now Kate is returning the favor. The actress stepped out for the NYC premiere of Rooney's new film, Side Effects, and even followed up with a sweet tweet about her sister's performance. Aside from the family bonding, the sisters' arrivals again gave us a side-by-side comparison of their personal styles. They set the stage for a style battle with obvious contrasts. Rooney opted for a creamy white Alexander McQueen confection and Kate stepped out in a flirty LBD. But color palettes aside, there are a few common denominators. Each dress boasts a feminine fit-and-flare shape and a more fashion-forward cut. Kate's is certainly a more understated look, and the true beauty of Rooney's dress is in the gorgeous floral appliqués and embellishments. Rooney is also the first to bring McQueen's Pre-Fall '13 collection to the red carpet. As for the finishing touches, Kate looked to a sleek metallic clutch and Nicholas Kirkwood platform pumps with a little more personality, while Rooney let the gorgeous dress take the focus, also choosing Kirkwood heels, but more pared-down, nude peep-toes. That's the fashion breakdown. Now, study up and cast your vote for the sister who stole the spotlight on last night's red carpet.
- Juergen Teller shot Kate Moss in a wheelbarrow — The Daily Beast
- Lena Dunham's new is show is about fashion — HuffPost Style
- Do you think Charlotte Olympia is the new Louboutin? — Lucky
- Joan Smalls nails it in new Prabal Gurung ads — The Fashion Spot
- Drew Barrymore talks makeup and wine in Harper's Bazaar — Styleite
- This Oscar nominee can't live without her puppy purse — People Style Watch
- Riccardo Tisci renewed his contract with Givenchy — Racked
- Michelle Obama may be shooting a Vogue cover right now — The Cut
- Victoria's Secret may do mastectomy bra line — Fashionista
Have no fear, the Complete Gift Guide for the season is here! Not only does Coach have luxurious gifts for everyone at every price, they've impeccably curated them into one must-see, must-shop online resource, featuring sections such The Holiday It List (with edited gift lists from tastemakers like supermodel Karlie Kloss) and The Best of the Best (with the brand's all-out fave picks for him, her, and you).
As if you weren't already feeling like the most sophisticated shopper ever, Coach also offers Holiday at Your Service, an extensive list of five-star services like free shipping, free gift boxes, free monograms, and more!
Visit Coach.com to view the Complete Gift Guide for yourself, and check out this slideshow now for peek at what we're most excited to give — and get!
Leather and Spring aren't the most obvious pairing, but leave it to this crew of designers — who featured copious amounts of leather on their Spring runways — to make it the new It couple. From Marni's colorful structured tops and skirts to Fendi's sleek colorblocked pants, we can't help but be intrigued. While a part of us can't seem to fathom the thought of sweating it out for the sake of fashion (65-degree weather plus a leather dress does not sound appealing), there's another side of us is falling hard for all the pretty purple, green, and taupe-hued offerings. Now, we want to hear from you. Are you willing to sacrifice a little function for fashion's sake, or is this Spring leather trend just plain ridiculous?
Left to right: Salvatore Ferragamo, Fendi, Marni
Everyone else, submit your looks, and we just might feature you on FabSugar!
The white button-down is a classic closet staple and the perfect canvas for a variety of truly chic looks. From office appropriate with a pencil skirt to tied up with a maxi or worn with a bit of menswear flair (not to mention black tie, metallics, and head-to-toe white!), the possibilities are endless. So take a look as we hit one of the coolest rooftops in Los Angeles and offer up a hefty dose of white button-down inspiration with 10 knockout ensembles you can easily re-create. Want more? Check out our behind-the-scenes video from our white button-down shoot to see how it all gets styled . . .
- Which of these Super Bowl scandals was most unforgettable?
- Check out the cutest lil football fans
- The 5 football basics to learn before Sunday's game
- Re-create the top romantic beauty looks from film
- Beyoncé blows out her Super Bowl press conference with an a capella performance
- How to look cool and not corny at a Super Bowl party
- Glam up 9 everyday things with glitter
- The inside scoop on Oz: The Great and Powerful
- Get this sophisticated Super Bowl party decor before it's too late!
- Inside Macworld/iWorld 2013
- Primp your pet's paws with at-home dog grooming tips
- Learn how to master the essential bartending techniques
- Video: Miley bares her bra in So Undercover scene