There's a new reason to be sweet on Sugar Paper — the LA-based stationery brand designed an exclusive collection available at Target stores, and it doesn't disappoint! The Sugar Paper at Target collection includes newbies like wall and desk calendars, date books, and desk blotters — all bedecked with the brand's signature pattern and color combinations (think stripes, polka dots, kraft paper, and shimmering gold details). With prices that range from $5 to $15, even the biggest procrastinators will be tempted to start restocking for 2014 — trust us!
If your office is all work and no style, it's time to make a change! Easy additions like a bright desk, statement clock, or a new light will make a productive impact without breaking the bank. The best part? Each find is under $100! Check out our finds, and while you're at it, consider these other affordable updates for your entire home!
The piece: Tocca Candele da Viaggio
The price: $55
Why we want it: This always happens to us around the holidays! We find something that would be the perfect gift, and we end up wanting to keep it for ourselves. Case in point: Tocca's Candele da Viaggio. Housed in an elegant green-and-gold box, three seasonal scents are displayed in sweetly scalloped votives that just happen to be the perfect size for nestling between pine boughs on the mantel. Marrakesh (a slightly smoky tabak and vanilla scent) is our favorite, but Chamonix and Venice are also beautiful and evocative of the holidays without being too cloying or obvious. In other words, we plan on buying this trio in bulk.
When it comes to happy hour at home, bar carts are key for putting your spirits on display. We love this Crate & Barrel bar cart ($599) for its brass finishes and Mad Men vibe. While the overall design is simple, the distressed finish and leather handles promise to serve up timeless style, even when you aren't drinking. However, this beauty will cost you. At just under $600, this cart is practically charging a cover for every cocktail you mix.
Imagine our delight when we found a similar piece for a fraction of the price. Target's brass-finished bar cart ($130) is sure to shake up your happy hour and is an absolute steal, helping you save $479! You'll get your money's worth, too, since it can hold both your booze and your barware. Cheers!
West Elm has a history of collaborating with a slew of diverse designers to create home goods, often with spectacular results. This Fall, the retailer tapped two distinctly different jewelry designers to create lighting that is beautiful enough to wear. Fans of Melissa Joy Manning's and Andrea Pico's jewelry will now be able to buy some bling — for their houses!
Much like the jewelry collections she is known for, Melissa Jo Manning's lighting pieces are earthy and natural. The satin-brass-finished iron-link pendants ($499 each) transcend trends and enhance their environment, rather than overwhelm. They also have a celebratory vibe, which is great if you are considering a little redecorating before the holidays!
An industrial designer by training, Andrea Panico of Pico Designs stayed true to her architectural roots when designing the two pieces in her collection for West Elm. Inspired by stained-glass, floor-to-ceiling windows in Mexico, Andrea's Pico Capuchinas Table Lamp ($199) and Round Chandelier ($499) are modern but timeless. "I believe that no matter how small, all the choices we make are design decisions," says Andrea. We couldn't agree more.
The piece: Uniform Wares 203 Series Steel Wristwatch
The price: $530
Why we want it: This watch tells it like it is — it doesn't waste time trying to double as a bracelet or any other piece of jewelry. It's a silver clock face, a pair of metal hands, and a blue wristband. It's clean, minimal, and perfectly designed. This is one of those pieces that, because of its simplicity, will not only go with everything, but will also keep your outfits feeling fresh and modern. Be careful, you may soon find yourself responding with slightly too much excitement the next time you're asked what time it is. Yeah, it's that good.
When it comes to adding a seasonal touch, nothing beats the cozy addition of knit. Not just for throws (or your wardrobe), you can warm up your space with knit-inspired pieces like candles and wallpaper. While some designs are classic and others quirky, we couldn't help but round up a few of our favorites. Filled with depth, dimension, and texture, these pieces are fitting for any space this Fall.
- Gilded Pillow ($44): Just in time for the holidays, nothing beats the combination of metallic and knit.
- Braided Candles ($170-$260): A fun play on the knitted trend, these candles look like cashmere but are handmade of wax!
- Cashmere Wallpaper ($155 per roll): We love the graphic twist given to knit found in this wallpaper.
- Knit Potholders ($28): Fitting for a minimalist kitchen, these hand knit potholders reflect Scandinavian simplicity.
- Hamper ($10): While it's not necessarily knit, the photographic print adds a cozy touch.
- Striped Throw ($60, originally $109): Beat the cold weather with this blanket that offers instant depth and dimension.
- Knitted Baskets ($82): Brightly store knickknacks style with these blue baskets.
- Round Pouf ($84, originally $120): This cool pouf will keep your feet or your seat comfortably cozy.
Rumor has it that Halloween decor is either overly kitschy or utterly spooky (or both), but that doesn't have to be the case. If you're considering skipping the Halloween trimmings to avoid a design dilemma, then take a look at these stylish picks. Trendy, versatile, and a bit edgy, these accents are cool enough to stay up all year long. Below are the pieces we're coveting, no matter the season.
- Skull Pillow ($80): Give any seat an edgy touch with this skull pillow.
- Mercury Glass Bottle ($30): Channel a vintage apothecary feel with this glass bottle.
- Owl Candle ($165): Sweet, spooky, and stylish, this candle does it all.
- Skull Sculpture ($625): Make a statement any time of the year with this hand-carved sculpture.
- Wood Chain ($195): For a rustic centerpiece, use this wood chain to line your Fall table.
- Snake Mirror ($80): Glam up your vanity with this snake-adorned mirror.
- Skull Plate ($185): Serve up a meal to remember with this slightly haunted plate.
- Throw Blanket ($45): Get in the Halloween spirit using this throw that adds a pop of color to your sofa.
- Insect Poster ($12): A POPSUGAR Home favorite, anatomy prints make a great Halloween decoration as well as an affordable way to add art to your walls.
You'd never serve Cup Noodles in the bowl you use for lobster bisque. Although it might seem like overkill to some, we keep lots of bowls on hand for different soup occasions. After all, one of our favorite seasonal pastimes is enjoying a warm bowl of soup, not least of all because it is often served in a beautiful bowl. Check out the 12 bowls that we can't wait to warm our hands with this year!
It's hard to believe that this living room designed by Emily Henderson and Orlando Soria was once a dark and dated den. Painting the wooden ceiling beams a crisp white and the walls an airy gray instantly lightened the mood, while soulful vintage pieces helped to ground it. The look is an ethereal homage to midcentury design, with plenty of on-trend accents to keep it feeling fresh. Inspired to replicate the look in your home? These decor picks will do the job!
Keep reading to see where you can snag these pieces!