After five months of legal volleys, the courts have ended the $450 million lawsuit accusing Alexander Wang of operating a sweatshop in New York City.

Judge Harold Baer of the New York federal court dismissed the suit on Monday, but lawyers for the plaintiffs and the defendants came to a settlement at the beginning of August. Terms of this agreement were not disclosed, but one of its stipulations was that both sides request the case be thrown out.

"We are gratified that this matter has been dismissed, as the allegations were unfounded and completely false," said a spokesman for Wang. Lawyers for the plaintiffs have not commented on the matter.

The suit has been the focus of much media scrutiny since it was filed in March, when a group of 30 former Wang employees led by Wenyu Lu claimed they had been forced to work 16 days with no breaks in a cramped, windowless room. Another former employee, Flor Duarte, filed a separate suit later in which she claimed that she was fired after applying for workers' compensation. From the beginning of the case, spokespeople for Wang have said they would "vehemently defend any allegations" of wrongdoing, but that didn't stop the brand's SoHo store from being egged in late March.

A week after the egging, lawyers for Wang said in court papers that Lu was disgruntled because he was fired for bullying other employees. In June, the lawyers said Lu and Duarte had "mischaracterized their former workplace as a hovel, while attempting to portray defendants as 'sweatshop owners,'" in an attempt to exact a big settlement.