Jaimie Alexander took the phrase "sheer perfection" to new heights at the Thor: The Dark World premiere in Los Angeles last night. The star stepped onto the red carpet in a slinky black Azzaro dress whose sexy, meandering panels left very little to the imagination . . . and very little room for undergarments. And while the hem of her dress may have covered up her shoes, its barely there fabric let us steal a glimpse of the shimmering pumps. With a look this bold, only a simple pair of sparkling earrings were needed to complete the ensemble. Do you think this provocative dress was a success or too bold?
Those stories and more in our daily news roundup.
- Terry Richardson photographed Gisele Bündchen for the November 2012 issue of Harper's Bazaar Brazil. The issue marks the magazine's one-year anniversary — which explains the celebratory balloons Bündchen is holding on the cover. [Made in Brazil]
- Hedi Slimane is keeping his photographic skills sharp now that he's designing Saint Laurent. He photographed models Georgia Hilmer and Sarah Engelland during fittings for his Spring 2013 show. [Style.com]
- Kenneth Cole will stage his runway comeback in February during New York Fashion Week. It will be his first show since Spring 2006. [WWD]
- Azzaro announced today that Mathilde Castello Branco, its creative director of less than a year, will leave the brand and that it "will shortly be announcing her successor." [Vogue UK]
- Oscar de la Renta, who's dressed first ladies from both political parties, is the subject of a retrospective that will go on display next month at the Clinton Presidential Library. André Leon Talley curated the exhibit, titled Oscar de la Renta: An American Icon. [Fashionista]
- Promos for the new model reality show The Face — starring Naomi Campbell, Coco Rocha, and Karolina Kurkova — reveal a glimpse of just how intense the competition will be once the show goes on air in February. [Modelinia]
Emma Stone showed off her gorgeous gams in a long-sleeve Azzaro dress on her way to The Late Show With David Letterman in NYC. She paired her flowy frock with sky-high Brian Atwood pumps. Her loose curls, au natural makeup, and single Irene Neuwirth ring kept the look cute and classy. Shop now to copy Emma's late-night style.
Rachel McAdams and Eva Herzigova went the tuxedo route for recent red carpet events, and each had a unique take. Rachel went for a cute, slightly retro look in her Azzaro jumpsuit, while Eva when for a sexier look and lots of leg via her short Dolce and Gabbana tuxedo and red stiletto heels. If you want to wear a moderate version of the tux look, try a slinky tank under a tux jacket and skinny black pants or shorts. We found some chic tuxedo options for you to try, just click our widget to shop.
The moment we've all been waiting for — for Natalie Portman to arrive on the red carpet! And what an entrance she makes in her white, strapless Azzaro gown. It's understated yet snazzy enough and shows off her adorable baby bump with style. She opted for an updo, natural makeup, with diamond bangles, small drop earrings, and a black clutch serving as subtly glitzy accessories. Do you love or hate Natalie's latest red-carpet look?
Vote on all of our Screen Actors Guild Awards polls here!
One word comes to mind watching Cameron Diaz walk the red carpet in this gorgeous one-shoulder Azzaro — stunning! The actress's flawless premiere look is all about that figure-flaunting dress ($216, originally $360) in a bold, standout hue. She keeps accessories elegant and minimal, just a slim gold bangle ($59) and a delicate necklace; add nude pumps to elongate the legs and you've mastered the look! Now, just click the items above to shop.
Visit CelebStyle for lots more celebrity street style!
Ashley Greene donned another sophisticated ensemble for yet another premiere of Eclipse, this time in Belgium. She wore a black satin bow belt with her embellished Azzaro dress, black pumps tying it all together. Although her exact dress is not available online, shop the items here to get a similar look now!
We spotted a dazzling new red carpet trend at the Cannes Film Festival: beaded-front detailing. Kate Beckinsale wore a Gucci Premiere gown at the Il Gattopardo screening while Carey Mulligan showed off a navy Azzaro dress at the Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps opening. At the Robin Hood afterparty, Eva Longoria Parker mixed it up in a gold Elie Saab minidress. Watch our video for more star studded sparkle!
Like what you see? Watch more FabTV.
The 18th Annual Britannia awards brought out a gaggle of classy ladies. From fitted to voluminous, the following ladies radiated in their red carpet looks. Amy Adams (in Azzaro) and Minnie Driver went down the noir path, Freida Pinto showed sheer Valentino love, Emily Blunt dazzled in burgundy Basil Soda, and Claire Danes worked a classy black-and-white Oscar de la Renta number. All of them are spotlight-worthy, but who's most Fab?
In addition to our favorites from the recent bridal shows, we've selected the 50 best unofficial wedding dresses from the spring collections in New York, London, Milan and Paris. From a strapless Stella McCartney jumpsuit to Azzaro's floor length column dresses and Chloé's haute hippie looks, the spring shows offered something for every type of bride-to-be.