In a statement, Ghesquière's boss and PPR CEO, Francois-Henri Pinault, called the designer "an incomparable creative talent" who "brought to Balenciaga an artistic contribution essential to the unique influence of the house." There's no word yet on who will replace Ghesquière — or on what his next move might be.
Those stories and more in our daily news roundup.
- Shouldn't every day be Saturday? That's the idea behind the new brand Kate Spade Saturday, a standalone label with its own stores and website that will launch for Spring 2013. The price point is about 50 percent lower than Kate Spade New York; the average price for a garment from Saturday is $90. [WWD]
- Vogue isn't just celebrating its 120th anniversary with a new book. On Dec. 6, HBO will premiere the documentary In Vogue: The Editor's Eye, a tribute to legendary editors from Polly Mellen to Grace Coddington. "They have always been our secret weapon," said Anna Wintour. "So it seemed to me that we could celebrate Vogue, and also, at the same time, celebrate these great editors." [Fashionologie Inbox]
- Valentino, Oscar de la Renta, Balenciaga, and M Missoni are each auctioning off one-month Summer internships through CharityBuzz. The money raised will benefit Rosie's Theater Kids, a New York charity that aims to improve the lives of children through performing arts. [Vogue UK]
- The collaborations just won't stop. Kirna Zabete is working on a collection for Nine West that will debut in February. [The Cut]
- Dita Von Teese's first application of red lipstick happened at age 13. "I remember one time putting on a red and thinking, 'This changes everything. This is all you really need,'" she said. [Into the Gloss]
- Photographer Justin Wu cast an international laundry list of models — including Olivia Palermo, RJ King, and River Viiperi — in his latest edition of Boys and Girls of Fashion Week. [YouTube]
Kristen Stewart participated in a live chat today to celebrate Balenciaga's new fragrance, Florabotanica. She opened up about how she met the brand's creative director Nicolas Ghesquière when she was younger, filled us in on her go-to leather jacket, and revealed she's the "Alice" in the fragrance's Alice in Wonderland fantasy. Watch Kristen's interview now!
"We started very skinny, it's true," Ghesquiere said in an interview with The Sunday Times. "Strangely, we didn't have fit models at all to begin with — just to give you an idea of the size of the company. So we did fittings on the girls at the studio and they were often quite petite. I had a tendency to think good cut and small size, but a good cut should come in big sizes, too. That's what I want to focus on — it's the cut, not the sizing, and if people see that they can wear something in a big size, then I did my job."
This week's top stars ran the style gamut in printed pieces, pastel palettes, and chic travel ensembles. Kristen Stewart mixed color into her Fall wardrobe in Paris, working a yellow Balenciaga leather jacket and printed pants, also by the designer; Alessandra Ambrosio chased the fleeting Summer sun in a crisp white blazer, mint Hudson cutoffs, and studded Valentino pumps in LA; and Kim Kardashian wowed us in black and white colorblock Sass & Bide pants in Sydney. These ladies are just a few of the standout style stars, so cruise through to see who else was crowned, then shop their stellar looks for yourself.
Kristen Stewart made her way over to the City of Light to attend Balenciaga's Spring 2013 runway show. The On the Road actress styled up some printed black-and-white pants — and we think she nailed it! She topped off her front-row-worthy ensemble with a pair of two-tone booties and a yellow moto jacket, both by Balenciaga, of course. Watch on to hear more about Kristen's stylish ensemble. On Allison McNamara: StyleMint top.
Kristen Stewart stepped out in Paris today to attend Balenciaga's Fashion Week runway presentation. As the face of the brand's fragrance, Kristen was expected in the front row for the show and posed with Salma Hayek before taking her seat. Kristen arrived in Paris yesterday and stepped up her sexy factor for this afternoon's event. Kristen's arrival in Europe comes amid good news for fans following her personal life. Robert Pattinson and Kristen have reportedly moved back in with each other following their rocky Summer. It would be good timing for the couple, who will be spending a lot more time together when their Breaking Dawn Part 2 press tour kicks off soon.
Kristen Stewart attended Balenciaga's presentation at Paris Fashion Week on Thursday wearing a bold outfit. See the smiley star arriving at the show, and find out which A-lister she shared the front row with in today's PopSugar Rush.
Kristen Stewart has been putting her best foot forward as the new face of Balenciaga, melding high-end pieces with her downtown-cool style on more than one occasion. For her latest look at Paris Fashion Week, the actress donned a full Balenciaga ensemble: yellow quilted leather jacket, black-and-white floral trousers, and black double-strap ankle boots. Her signature beach waves, coal-rimmed eyes, and a simple pendant necklace completed her glam Parisian outfit. Whether or not you're headed to Paris, re-create Kristen's fresh and funky look by shopping a similar yellow leather jacket, black-and-white floral pants, and black boots below.