Karl Lagerfeld put together an in-flight crew of the chicest kind. His Spring '12 Couture collection modernized and glamorized vintage flight attendant uniforms, outfitting his models in the same knee-length skirt suits and sheaths, albeit with Karl's eye for embellishment and detail. He quite literally took us to the skies (complete with gravity-defying hair!), drawing inspiration not only from the structure and silhouettes, but also using an entire palette of blue, ranging from soft powder blue frocks to decadent midnight blue sequined gowns. He marries the intricacy of paillette-dotted gowns, proportional play, and the most delicate of drop earrings with practicality — no over-the-top footwear and a form of the label's shifts and tweeds still intact. He speaks to the whimsy without compromising what the Chanel client wants — classics, wearability.
- Trends: Sequins, ladylike, sheer, volume, and cutout shoulders.
- Colors: All shades of blue, white.
- Key Look: The deep v-neck sequined cocktail dress with shrug layered underneath has Diane Kruger written all over it.
- Accessories: Multi-strap sequin pumps, long dangling earrings, feather-adorned headpieces.
- Who Would Wear It: Diane Kruger, Alexa Chung, Chanel fans who crave their pretty pieces with a dose of the unexpected.