For the sportier styler who dares to appeal to her girlie girl underneath, Charlotte Ronson has just the solution. Her signature mix of kitschy heart prints and sweet florals — this time, in romantic waterlily and daisy iterations — headed to the high-school locker room for a decidedly athletic makeover. Think mesh-infused, cap-sleeved dresses with an ultrapretty trumpet hem, sheer peplum blouses (in the most delicate shade of lemon-meets-eggshell yellow) and sportif vest pairings, old-school varsity jackets, and drawcord bucket bags to start. And if you're craving an easy offset to her ladylike sports vibe, then look to the subtle undertones of nautical-inspired wares within, albeit slick ones. We can already predict we'll be clambering for a pair of the dark leather sailor shorts, adorned with gold buttons, and, for that matter, trying to get our hands on that two-in-one herringbone-striped tote backpack. Get the trend breakdown below, and then click through see Charlotte Ronson's Spring 2013 lineup in full.
- Trends: Trumpet hems, a sporty sensibility (athletic wear, mesh details, and more), and a touch of nautical-inspired tailoring.
- Colors: A spectrum of pastel hues. Our favorites? Eggshell yellow and spearmint green.
- Key Piece: Any of the soft, flounce-hemmed dresses paired with a varsity jacket.
- Accessories: Floppy totes, drawcord bucket bags, beach hobo bags, and one seriously awesome herringbone-striped tote that doubled as a backpack.
- Who Should Wear It: We envision Charlotte's most loyal stylers — Nicole Richie, for one — to be spotted taking these for an off-duty spin. As for those gorgeous waterlily silk prints? Nina Dobrev gets our vote for who has to wear it first.