We all have that one favorite piece of makeup that's a no-fail, quick perk-me-up, and for Chloë Sevigny, it's her tangerine lipstick. The actress has been seen on multiple red carpets sporting the bright lipstick hue, most recently — and ironically — at the premiere of Orange Is the New Black. Chloe typically pairs the bold shade with the same overall makeup look: shadow-less eyes, lots of mascara, and a flush of pink on her cheeks. This simple pairing creates a classic look with a colorful twist. But tell us: are you a fan of her tangerine-tinted lips?
Last night's The Bling Ring premiere in LA brought out leading lady Emma Watson, as well as many other stylish stars. While we await the movie's debut on June 14, let's assess the spotlight-stealing red carpet looks. Emma's tweed Chanel minidress balanced chic with flirty, and embellished peep-toes and a Swarovski black crystal clutch amped things up. Gwen Stefani delivered her signature brand of bold in a white crop top and black high-waisted leather pants, while Dianna Agron got girlie in a little black ruffled Louis Vuitton dress. Also in Louis Vuitton, Chloë Sevigny's soft-pink lace ensemble fused light with dark beautifully. So now that you've seen them all, tell us: who brought it at the Bling Ring premiere?
Coach held its third annual Evening of Cocktails and Shopping to benefit the Children's Defense Fund in Santa Monica, CA, last evening, and the event drew out some enviable style from a few of our favorite celebs. Katy Perry stole the night in Thakoon, Hailee Steinfeld showed us her take on black and white, and January Jones and Chloë Sevigny served up Spring florals. It's all in today's Fashion Flash! On Allison McNamara: Club Monaco top, Nashelle necklace, Bebe shorts.
- Presenting our current favorite fashion meme: Skate Moss. [BuzzFeed]
- Karolina Kurkova didn't let her stilettos and leather pants stop her from break-dancing with the Knicks City Kids backstage at the Today show. [Page Six]
- This is what a color-field diagram of the Fall 2013 collections looks like. [Fashionista]
- Kate and Laura Mulleavy of Rodarte will be honored by the Art Institute of Chicago with its Legend of Fashion award. [WWD]
More fashion news that you need to know right now, right here.
Many fashionable Hollywood celebrities turned up the glamour at last night's amfAR Gala at NYC's Cipriani 42nd Street. The event, which helps kick off New York Fashion Week, was full of designers and celebs in stylish gowns. Ashley Greene wore a white Giambattista Valli frock while Sarah Jessica Parker went for a daring Maison Martin Margiela Couture pink dress. Honoree Heidi Klum donned a black Michael Kors number, which she wore when she chatted with the designer and her former Project Runway costar on the red carpet.
Other guests included Cheyenne Jackson, Chloë Sevigny, couple John Legend and Chrissy Teigen, and Game of Thrones star Emilia Clarke, who dazzled in a dramatic Zac Posen gown. Of course, the night wasn't only about fashion — the amfAR Gala benefits AIDS research and honors those who have made significant contributions towards the fight against the deadly disease. In addition to Heidi, designer Kenneth Cole and Janet Jackson were honored for their work with the organization.
Chloë Sevigny stopped by the Miu Miu boutique in NYC wearing one of the coziest celebrity Winter looks we've seen yet. The actress bundled up in a cozy green shearling coat, then, to make her outerwear the main focus, kept the rest of her outfit all black. She sported black leggings with leather riding boots, cat-eye sunglasses, and a mini satchel on her arm. Mimic Chloë's Winter cool by sporting all black and finishing off your ensemble with an equally fuzzy all-shearling coat. Don't forget the exaggerated cat-eye sunglasses for that perfect retro touch.
Anne Hathaway was one of the stars that came out for a special screening of Lincoln in NYC last night. Director Steven Spielberg, Daniel Day-Lewis, who plays President Lincoln in the movie, Tommy Lee Jones, and leading lady Sally Field were all on hand. Kellan Lutz broke from Breaking Dawn Part 2 press to watch the film and 666 Park Avenue's Dave Annable showed support for his former Brothers and Sisters costar Sally. Chloë Sevigny, Patrick Wilson, and Michael Strahan also attended ahead of Lincoln's big opening tomorrow. Anne Hathaway has her own project hitting theaters with Les Misérables coming out on Christmas Day. Anne's been making the rounds promoting the period piece, including a recent Vogue cover and role as host of the Women's Media Awards on Tuesday.
Those stories and more in today's news roundup.
- Chloe Sevigny covers the September issue of XOXO magazine in a photograph taken by Casey Spooner. [Design Scene]
- A quick jaunt to British Vogue's new website reveals an updated design with a strong emphasis on large photos and text. "The redesigned site offers the user an experience which is closer to that of the print magazine, whilst continuing to capitalise on the timeliness, newsworthiness and excitement of the web," said the magazine's editor in chief Alexandra Shulman. [Vogue UK]
- Yves Saint Laurent creative director Hedi Slimane is living the good life in Los Angeles. The designer occupies a "'60s Modern house in Beverly Hills and tools around town in a vintage 1980s black Rolls-Royce." [Vanity Fair]
- A $293 paper bag featured in Jil Sander's Fall 2012 men's collection not only made its way into stores, but it's also now completely sold out. [LN-CC]
- Anna Wintour reportedly approached Ann Romney for a profile in Vogue earlier this year, but the potential first lady declined the offer. [The New Republic]
- Reformation will open a sustainably designed flagship store in New York City's SoHo neighborhood on Sept. 5 to join its other shop on the Lower East Side. [Fashionologie Inbox]
- Style.com has finally asked the question the industry has been dying to get answered: "Is lesbian chic here to stay?" [The Cut]
Chloe Sevigny shows off her archive of Opening Ceremony goodies — and her penchant for grunge — in this newly released video shot by William Strobeck. A soundtrack by Colony Farm sets an eerie mood, while inset split-screens, TV static, and saturated hues further the voyeuristic '90s vibe. As an added bonus, all the pieces are available online at Opening Ceremony's London Pop Up. Smells like teen spirit indeed.
Courtesy of Opening Ceremony
Shia LaBeouf and his Lawless leading lady, Jessica Chastain, teamed up for a Cinema Society screening of their film at NYC's Paley Center for Media. The screening was also sponsored by YSL Beaute, and Jessica was fittingly decked out in a YSL dress with Tom Binns jewelry. She kept up her brand loyalty, wearing a black YSL outfit. In addition to Shia and Jessica, other stars checked out the premiere. Seth Meyers and Chloe Sevigny swung by, as did Patti Smith, Patricia Clarkson, and Melissa Leo. Later on, Shia and Jessica toasted their action movie, which is out Aug. 29, with an afterparty at Gallow Green at the McKittrick Hotel.
We caught a moment with both stars on the red carpet, and they spoke about how they stuck close to the film's Prohibition-era theme by drinking moonshine after the cameras stopped rolling. Shia viewed drinking as a good bonding experience with the cast, but Jessica didn't really take to it. She told us, "We would drink moonshine — I didn't drink so much moonshine. I like liquor that's sweet, and the moonshine we had down there wasn't so sweet!" Catch more from our interviews with both Shia and Jessica later today on PopSugar Rush.