For Fall '12, Christopher Kane brought a decidedly Gothic vibe to the runway, returning to the leather, leopard, and PVC detailing he's used in earlier collections. Known for combining the futuristic with classic feminine details, Kane showed many looks that could be considered signature — there were knee-length dresses with supersexy cutouts, paisley-print skirts teamed with chunky cable-knit sweaters, and sleek, pinstripe leather trousers that gave a dose of Dick Tracy-cool to an otherwise subversive mix. Get the full breakdown below.
- Trends: Stripes, leopard, grosgrain prints, cable-knit sweaters, boxy jackets.
- Colors: Red, black, purple, blue, white.
- Key Piece: The leather cutout dresses in almost wood-like prints were sexy, yet sophisticated.
- Accessories: Obi-style belts, chunky heels, simple colorblock clutches.
- Who Would Wear It: Christopher Kane loyalists like Alexa Chung, Emma Stone, and Chloë Moretz.