Elie Saab might be known for his gorgeous red carpet gowns, but for Spring '13, the designer also showed off his penchant for daywear. The show opened up with an array of sleek work appropriate trousers, tailored blazers, silk blouses, and sleek sheath dresses fit for the working "heiress" he had in mind. Bold, abstract prints came into play, highlighting highlighting billowy dresses and gowns, some of which featured modern ribbon detailing. And like any working heiress (Saab mentioned artists and bloggers in his show notes), a day is not complete without attending a few glamorous parties and events. Thus, he provided red carpet worthy options with a bevy of gorgeous sheer lace gowns, one of which showcased a high slit juxtaposed against a sheer collared top, and beaded minidresses.
- Trends: Blue hues, sheer layers, sparkle/shine, lace.
- Colors: Cobalt blue, dusty pink, red, black, white.
- Key Piece: The dark cobalt blue gown with the sheer lace top was beautiful.
- Accessories: Ankle strap sandals, leather satchel bags, structured crossover bags.
- Who Should Wear It: Ladies who love the sparkle and lace like Keira Knightley and Zoe Saldana.