PETA announced today that Aretha Franklin is "queen" of their annual worst-dressed list.
The online poll, which scolds those who "drape themselves" in fur, leather, and exotic skins, also named Lindsay Lohan, Eva Longoria, Kate Moss, Kylie Minogue, and Marilyn Manson as top offenders.
Here's what PETA had to say about Aretha and the runners-up — do you agree?
- Aretha Franklin: How 'bout some R-E-S-P-E-C-T for animals? Aretha, when you waddled into the Grammys in yet another vulgar fur, you looked as if you were going to perform "I Am the Walrus" by the Beatles. You might be a queen, but you don't know jack about compassion.
- Marilyn Manson: Always draped in leather from head to toe, Manson has enough skeletons in his closet to fill a pet cemetery. As if wearing dead animals isn't foul enough, Manson says that he wears his cow-skin pants 24/7— only peeling the smelly things off to have sex. That alone should be enough to tarnish leather's dated sex appeal. Manson might only be the shock rocker's stage name, but his wardrobe is a real-life tale of blood and guts.
- Eva Longoria: Eva Longoria is short on compassion. In her trashy furs, she looks like the streetwalker of Wisteria Lane. Eva is one "desperate housewife" in need of a quickie divorce — from her stylist.
- Lindsay Lohan: I Know Who Killed Me isn't just the title of Lindsay Lohan's latest bomb, it's the cry of the animals snuffed out so that this "mean girl" can pose in their pelts. Lindsay, there's no road to recovery for the foxes who are anally electrocuted so that you can look skanky.
- Kate Moss: Nothing completes the transition from supermodel to super tramp like a fur coat. If Kate could see clearly through those bleary eyes, maybe she’d clear her closet of those furs.
- Kylie Minogue: What does Kylie Minogue have in common with her python purse? They are both cold blooded. Come on Kylie, it's not cool to clutch an accessory made by nailing snakes to a tree and skinning them alive.
To see what PETA had to say about Eva, Lindsay, Kate, and Kylie, read more