On New Year's Eve I was driving home to start getting ready for my evening festivities. I couldn't help but be distracted by the gorgeous sunset that accompanied my peaceful drive. Luckily, like the responsible driver I strive to be, I was able to multi-task and admire and drive at the same time. The sky of pastels had a soothing effect that filled me with hope and happiness going into the new year. And so, my picks this month are a mix of things that make me happy and things I find I simply need to kick the year off with. Nothing crazy, a couple things colorful — still trying to honor my New Year Fabalutions.
- This Foley + Corinna Handbags Linen City Tote ($372) is the perfect buddy to add some metallic to Winter and bring me into Spring don't you think?
- Ever since I chopped my hair off, I've been into barrettes again. These Forever 21 Pyramid Stud Hair Clips ($3) are cute, but tough.
- Spring is on my mind and this Tory Burch Stefani Voile Tunic ($275) gets me revved up for sunnier times.
- I'm still recovering from holiday debt so I'm waiting for this bright and sassy bebe 3/4 Sleeve Empire Sweater Dress ($98) to go on sale.
- Feathers are fun and fabulous. This Elie Tahari Nicolette Skirt ($448) has just the right amount of plumage for a feather novice like me.
- The weather is frightful but that doesnt mean style has to suffer. I'm swooping up these Belle by Sigerson Morrison Black Patent boots (on sale for $195, originally $390), which are perfect for everyday.