Nail polish is created to color nails — we all know this. But that's not its sole purpose. Have you ever considered using nail polish to liven up your jewels? I have a friend who uses it to spice up her earrings — like these Mini Hearts Studs ($14) — and the result is pretty fabulous. If you're interested, the process is rather painless.
To learn how to use nail polish to jazz up your jewels, read more.
- Start with smooth-surfaced jewelry (earrings work best but rings, bangles, and necklaces are doable too) to work with. Make sure your item doesn't have rhinestones or a rocky surface.
- If you're going to paint with a light nail polish color, it's preferable to use silver or white jewelry. Dark polishes like red and hot yellow work fine on gold.
- Now it's time to start painting your earrings with the nail polish of your choice. Apply evenly and use two to three coats to avoid chipping.
- Allow to dry for about 30 minutes.
- Though not required, you can add a coat of clear polish for extra shine or glitter polish for pizzazz.