One distinct word comes to mind when you take in Alberta Ferretti's Fall collection: mod. While many of the '70s-inspired trends have been more flowy and ethereal, the Italian designer's take is much more pronounced, strong, slim. High-neck collars and quarter-length sleeves dominate, as do long printed coats, slim trousers, and bright pops of color. Prints are equally groovy, taking you back in time when Twiggy and retro boots were hot. But the footwear accompanying Ferretti's Fall show were velvet thigh-high boots, kind of like the faux leather ones Stella McCartney had a few seasons back. I'll say, it's not the most wearable collection as it's currently styled on the runway, but if you sport individual pieces, it can look more relevant.
- Trends: Mod, cropped sleeves, high-neck collars, fur, bold color.
- Colors: Teal, purple, eggplant, orange.
- Key Looks: Mod shift dress with printed coat over it and velvet over-the-knee boots.
- Accessories: Velvet thigh-high boots.
- Who Would Wear It: Twiggy and any other mod-loving woman.