Richard Chai's sporty chic girl grew up a bit this season, albeit in her slightly rebellious way. The Chai elements — oversized silks, maxi skirts, cozy knits — were layered one over the other to create long proportions and a sort of louche sophistication. What was interesting was the menswear: oversized blazers met slouchy pants, with a sheer blouse in between. Colorwise, Fall was relatively dark, although one appreciates the infusion of lightness — via sparkly beige tops and a lovely floral print — all the more when paired against such serious tones.
- Trends: Menswear, maxi skirts, layering.
- Colors: Gray, olive, cream, navy, purple floral.
- Key Looks: Cream sweater and vest layered over gray maxi skirt with cream boots; menswear suit.
- Accessories: Cream booties with brown socks.
- Who Would Wear It: Sporty, comfy-chic girls who seek polish without compromising coolness.