With the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund finalists named and Fashion Group International's Fashion Prize at stake (not to mention the US Woolmark Prize and British Fashion Council NewGen winners already handed out), staying on top of the latest style awards deserves, well, an award! Now with news of The Dorchester Fashion Prize shortlist, the task of keeping up has gotten all the more challenging. Here, a breakdown of all the upcoming titles to keep your eye on and a cheat sheet of the who, what, and when!
The Dorchester Collection Fashion Prize
- The Nominees: The 2013 Shortlist includes Barbara Casasola, Fyodor Golan, Emilia Wickstead, and Huishan Zhang.
- The Announcement: The winner will be named on Oct. 29 at The Dorchester where finalists will stage a runway presentation. The selection will be made based on "the designer who best demonstrates original aesthetic flair, a capability for future critical distinction, and commercial success."
- The Prize: This year's winner scores an endowment of £25,000 ($38,402) to help establish their brand, a two-night stay at a Dorchester Collection hotel, and individual mentoring from a selection of the judges (a panel that includes Caroline Issa and Rupert Sanderson).
Fashion Group International Fashion Prize
- The Nominees: There's definitely name recognition here: Angela Missoni, Alexander Wang, and Christopher Kane are up for this year's prize.
- The Announcement: The award will be presented at FGI's Night of Stars gala on Oct. 22. The splashy Cipriani event will be hosted by Simon Doonan and will also honor Marc Jacobs and Robert Duffy with the Superstar award. Designer Gustavo Cadile will be presented with the FGI's Fashion Achievement Award in Miami on Oct. 18.
- The Prize: The fashion prize is the prize (not to mention a seat at the $1,000-a-head gala).
CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund
- The Nominees: The top 10 are: Veronica Beard, Nonoo, Juan Carlos Obando, Public School, Marc Alary Jewelry, Tim Coppens, Todd Snyder, Ovadia & Sons, Tome, and Parabellum
- The Announcement: We're already looking ahead to the Nov. 11 gala when the winner will be crowned.
- The Prize: Finalists will be observed and interviewed over the next few weeks, create a special design for Uniqlo (set to be unveiled in October), and participate in an LA fashion show later this year. The winner will recieve $300,000 to further pursue their line, while two runners-up will each receive $100,000. Not too shabby!