After one look at the Fendi Spring 2013 lineup, we had a pretty good idea of what Karl Lagerfeld had on his mind when designing it. An eye for beautiful shoes (can we have a pair of each?), a strong penchant for sportswear, a bright colorblocking palette, a dash of sparkle, and perhaps, a thing for geometric shapes. And who can find fault with a collection that so seamlessly fuses an athletic sensibility with the brand's luxurious fur outerwear? At its core, Fendi stuck to a geo-printed design M.O. (with mink fur thrown into the mix), and it was evident in everything from the structural cuts to the architecturally-perfect peep-toe sandals. In case you were wondering what bag you might be seeing on the arm of every It girl, look out for the quirky Rubik's Cube-esque cube bag, complete with hand strap and zippered siding. Get our trend breakdown below, then see Fendi's Spring '13 collection, in full, when you click on.
- Trends: Fur, colorblocking, an athletic sensibility, geometric prints, collars, and strong boxy silhouettes.
- Colors: White, orange, blue, nude, ecru, peach, teal, and yellow.
- Key Piece: The oversize blue honeycomb sweater — oh the layering possibilities!
- Accessories: A Rubik's Cube-inspired cube bag with zipper details, slick double-button belts, geo-shaped sunglasses, striped cuffs, and peep-toe sandals.
- Who Should Wear It: Loyal wearers of Fendi will flock to this Spring collection, so we expect to see starlets like Emma Stone, Jessica Biel, and Miranda Kerr decked out in the sportier dresses and updated bag styles.