It's time to stash away your drab Winter layers and celebrate the sunny season! These fun, bright, and patterned running shorts are just what you need to motivate you to get out and get running. With details like zippered pockets, mesh lining, and quick-drying fabric, these 10 pairs of shorts will take you through every hot-weather run this season. Click through to see our picks for bright running shorts!
Add a tough touch to your warm weather wardrobe with sleek leather shorts. Our assortment, ranging from Free People's vegan options to the real thing, features the best lightweight options for every weather forecast (and every budget). Finish the look with a silk tank and sandals for a modern look.
Source: Phil Oh
To help keep you cool all season long, we found the best hats to top off your sweet Summer ensembles — all at an irresistible, budget-friendly price. Pair a sundress with a straw fedora, add glamour to a beach look with an exaggerated floppy hat, or show off your sporty-chic side in a printed cap.
We're making your shopping experience a little more wallet-friendly with our irresistible 100 under $100 Summer checklist. Our essentials include Victoria's Secret's maxi dresses, breezy skirts from Topshop, and, of course, the perfect little white dress from BCBG. Start shopping our savvy finds right now.
Out of all the accoutrements to choose from, we always turn to the quintessential statement necklace to instantly uplift any look. Rife with bold colors and embellishments, the season's latest offer up irresistible high-low options from the likes of Isabel Marant, Zara, Pomellato 67, and BaubleBar. These pieces aren't just for your fancier looks; while we love styling statement necklaces with a chic little white dress or an ethereal Spring gown, these stunners would look just as good with a plain white tee and jeans. We found 11 sensational options — some even priced under $10 — for you to shop now.
Decadent fur details (whether real or faux), have been popping up all over the Fall '13 runways, making their way onto a range of coats, dresses, tops, and accessories. However, there was one specific trend that really stood out: statement fur scarves. Forget the usual black and brown hues; these new scarves come in a range of vibrant colors like Carolina Herrera's deep plum neck wrap and Prabal Gurung's bright white oversize snood, seen here. Lucky for you (and us), you don't have to wait months and months to get the same standout look. We found some similar colored scarves and wraps for you to add instant interest to your cold-weather getup right now. Just shop our editors' picks below.
Left to right: Carolina Herrera, Prabal Gurung, ICB by Prabal Gurung
The easiest way to perk up your look? Today's fashion tip is incredibly easy: put a cap on it. We first started seeing sporty hats last year, and from the looks of these polished street stylers below, the trend is still going strong. Not only will this trend add a tomboy tilt to any look, it's the perfect remedy for bad Winter hair days. Try pairing a sleek leather rendition with a floral or printed dress for a fun play on ladylike-meets-sporty, or style a bright baseball cap with boyfriend jeans, a slouched tee, and oxfords for an effortless, off-duty look. Any way you spin it, it's a no-brainer in our style books. Shop our editors' picks below to add an instant pop of cool to your cold-weather getup now.
Running in the cold means careful attention must be paid to your outerwear. You don't want to bundle up too much, lest you overheat just a few miles into your jog, but you also need to make sure you stay warm, safe, and comfortable. These running jackets help you meet your requirements: from sweat-wicking material to breathable mesh vents to thumbholes to keep your wrists warm, here are 10 running jackets — in every price range — to choose from!
All the bits that are fit to print — here, in our daily news roundup.
- If the rumors are true, Versace will design Lady Gaga's costumes for her upcoming Born This Way Ball tour. [Vogue UK]
- Burberry just landed in Chicago, outfitting the largest store on the Magnificent Mile with the brand's signature Burberry plaid. [WWD]
- Move over Michelle, America has two new fashion plates: Malia and Sasha Obama. [NY Times]
- Fashion vocab word of the day: showrooming (v), the act of visiting a brick and mortar store, seeing an item you like, then using your phone to find and purchase it at a lower price. [Glamour]
- Trend forecasters report that consumers are growing weary of fast-fashion brands like Zara, H&M, and Forever 21. [Racked]
- Joanna Lumley's wardrobe from Absolutely Fabulous raised £15,010 (or $23,786 in the current exchange rate) at a recent auction. The sum was nearly triple what was expected. [Vogue UK]
- Charles Philip, whose slipper designs are favored by celebrities like Jessica Alba and Rihanna, has filed a lawsuit against The Gap, claiming the retailer has not only copied his designs, but even used a similar name for a collection of shoes selling at an 80 percent discount. [NY Post]
- Ralph Lauren celebrated its Downton Abbey-inspired Fall collection with a dinner and fashion show at Highclere Castle — the setting of the show itself. Carson, the butler, was, sadly, not present. [Ralph Lauren Facebook]
If any model has proven her mass appeal this Fall, it's Chanel Iman. After starring in the Fall 2012 campaigns for Saks Fifth Avenue, The Shops at Target, and Amazon.com, she's ending the year with Forever 21's Holiday campaign. In the images, shot by Dean Isidro, Iman makes the brand's sequined cocktail dresses and studded pieces shine — aided in some images by a blond wig. It's a trend we've seen throughout the industry this year: Miranda Kerr donned a flaxen bob for the October issue of Vogue Italia, Kate Moss sports a platinum crop on the December cover of Vanity Fair, and all the models who walked in Alexander McQueen's Fall 2012 show wore platinum wigs as well.