With a nod to South American dressing, Christophe Lemaire crafts a wearable collection of delivered strong outerwear — even capes and blanket-like ponchos were elevated with Hermès's quintessential luxe for Fall 2012. Relaxed staples were reimagined in sophisticated detail — leather layered in chubby fur, leather gaucho pants, leather capes, and loose velvet tops and dresses. Dressed-down got a decidedly dressier edge, but only really in its fabrication. As a whole, silhouettes were oversize; the vibe was decidedly more androgynous with masculine tailoring dominating throughout and inspiring images of Annie Hall's slouchy suiting. That's not to say there was no refinement here – Hermès's girl may not do frills, but she's certainly not without polish: cocoon coats crafted in rich color, swathed in suede, and finished with a touch of leather were steeped in Hermès luxe.
- Trends: Menswear, leather, ponchos, fur, prints, velvet, gaucho pants.
- Colors: Navy, gray, black, red, teal, orange, olive.
- Key Look: The front-zip cocoon coat feels impeccably chic.
- Accessories: Wide leather belts, tall leather boots, fedoras, long black leather gloves.
- Who Would Wear It: The girl who favors luxe without frills.