As she made her way through the airport in Sydney, Kim Kardashian revealed one of her chicest ensembles yet: a black scoop tank with black-and-white colorblock pants by Australian label Sass & Bide. The reality star accessorized with black flat-top Céline sunglasses, her "Mason Loves Penelope" necklace, a gold watch, black ankle-strap sandals, and a crocodile Hermes tote. Re-create Kim's slick travel style by pairing similar black-and-white pants — we love the Pucci ones below, as well as these by J.Crew ($128) — with a black tank and black statement accessories. Dress them down with flats for day, pumps for work, and sky-high heels for evening.
It's actress and model Byrdie Bell's job to look good in front of the cameras, and she didn't disappoint when she styled a yellow tweed Alice + Olivia miniskirt ($297) with a black leather jacket at the Alice + Olivia show Spring 2013 show at New York Fashion Week. Byrdie's white button-down blouse and suede nude Herve Leger pumps let her textured bottoms take the spotlight, while her tan Hermés tote injected major luxe. Show off your gams in Byrdie's exact tweed skirt all Fall by pairing it with tights or leggings and a cozy coat when the temperatures start to fall.
From her gold bib necklace and black Hermes tote to her oversize cat-eye shades ($149) and cheeky fox phone cover ($48), both by Tory Burch, Jordana Brewster's latest LA look is all about the accessories. The actress started with a basic tan t-shirt — which upon first glance looks like a Peter Pan collar top — red skinny jeans, and black flip-flops, then layered on a sparkly statement necklace to take her low-key look to new heights. Take a cue from Jordana and work a simple T and red denim with statement accessories or swap her flip-flops for these cheeky Tory Burch smoking loafers ($250) to take your look to foxy new heights.
Those stories and more in our daily news roundup.
- "As soon as I met Alexandra, I fell in love with her look and once I heard her sing, I was blown away by her incredible talent," says Erin Fetherston of singer Alexandra McDermott, who will perform at her Spring 2013 presentation and stars in Fetherston's Spring lookbook. [Fashionologie Inbox]
- Gucci is sponsoring a tribute to David Bowie's style at London's Victoria and Albert Museum that will open next March. The exhibit, called David Bowie is, will feature over 300 objects, including costumes, handwritten notes, set designs, and album artwork, among other items. [The Daily Telegraph]
- Just in time for New York Fashion Week, WWD has released an iPhone app designed to "deliver the news in whatever form our audience needs," says the paper's editor in chief Edward Nardoza. [WWD]
- The theme of Tommy Hilfiger's Spring 2013 collection is American optimism. Fitting, as he'll be showing on the same day and at the same time as another big name, Chado Ralph Rucci. [WWD]
- H&M will provide a free shuttle service in New York City on Fashion's Night Out. Double-decker buses will pick up and drop off passengers at four locations: 51st Street at Fifth Avenue; 59th Street at Lexington Avenue; Broadway at Prince Street; and 34th Street at Seventh Avenue. [Fashionologie Inbox]
- Hermés announced Tuesday that it sued LVMH in July, accusing the luxury conglomerate of insider training and manipulating stock prices in its acquisition of Hermés stock. [Styleite]
Jennifer Lopez looked très chic working a two-tone striped Wyatt maxi and casual black flip-flops while cruising around Miami. The singer injected a pop of bling into her warm-weathered look via gold hoop earrings and gold-rimmed aviators, while her white Hermès tote and perfect top-knot bun added a touch of sophistication. Maxi dresses have been a staple among celebrities; from vibrant colors to bold prints, these flowing dresses are perfect for any occasion. Re-create Jennifer's South Beach style with a black and white striped maxi, black sandals, and gold accessories for your next lunch date with the girls.
Everyone has dreamed of being a superhero at one time or another, or at least you've wished for stellar superpowers. Although our destiny has yet to be fulfilled, Rachel Bilson's Zoe Karssen Batman tank gets us a step closer. The trendsetting starlet worked her superhero tank and straight-leg denim, then upped the couture factor with red cap-toe Chanel flats, a black Hermès tote, and blackout Chloé shades while out and about in Los Feliz. We are used to seeing Rachel in feminine ensembles, from a printed dress and dainty sandals to Old Hollywood-glam ensembles, but this low-key look is a welcome change. Shop our favorite superhero shirts to work with casual denim and cap-toe flats to channel Rachel's casual and cute look.
Jennifer Lopez was spotted in Las Vegas over the weekend looking fresh as ever in all white. The singer wore a white eyelet crop top with matching shorts, both by Australian label Bec & Bridge, which exposed just enough of her toned midriff. She completed her Summer style with Lanvin snakeskin wedges — here is a similar pair ($398, originally $1,590) — a white Hermes bag, square aviators, and rhinestone drop earrings. Get Jennifer's Vegas look by pairing up similar white eyelet or lace pieces, then finishing off with equally fabulous accessories.
Kim Kardashian and boyfriend Kanye West were spotted in Hawaii, with Kim dressed up in a black knee-length sheath dress with her black Hermes Birkin bag and gold chain sandals by Tom Ford. While her black pieces were sleek, it was her sandals that really stood out to us. They're simultaneously tough and sexy, which is quite the style duo! If you want to get similar chain-detailed sandals to dress up your ensembles, here are a few similar ones we hunted down: this almost-exact pair from Reiss ($200, originally $300), this BCBGMAXAZRIA black and gold pair ($195) if you prefer a darker hue, and this Dolce Vita chain ankle-strap sandal ($146-$159) if you want something flat for comfort.
One of the most stressful parts of flying isn't getting to the airport or sprinting through security on time; it's figuring out how to make it onto the flight while still looking chic. Enter Hermès and its new Calèche-Express Luggage. With its luxe, water-resistant canvas — trimmed in the brand's signature natural leather, of course — it practically guarantees you will always be rolling in style. The first trolly luggage to be produced by the brand, it comes in three sizes, all of which are conveniently carry-on sized. Priced from $6,800 to $7,750, all three sizes are available at Hermès boutiques and on Hermes.com now.
— Reporting by Robert Khederian
We are beyond excited to announce that on Monday, Aug. 6, we are partnering with ShopStyle, PurseBlog, and Moda Operandi for the giveaway of all giveaways. While we can't tell you what's hiding in the bag, we can say that this timeless fashion piece is the most coveted fashion accessory in the world. It's the crème de la crème. The mother of all handbags. Oops, did we let that slip? Stay tuned to find out how you can enter to win.