J.Crew turned it up to 11 for Fall 2013, thanks to creative director Jenna Lyons's deft touch with color and pattern mixing inspired by a recent trip to Marrakech. Neon citron mingled with bubblegum pink, while a clean Winter-white sweater and pants provided a palate cleanser. Accessories were a highlight with sexy lace-up pumps, jeweled minaudières, and piles of colored crystal jewelry. Printed pants continued to look fresh mixed with chunky knits under double-breasted coats with ornate detailing. The crowd was abuzz with excitement — and not just because a fresh-faced Julianne Moore moved among the editors viewing the collection.
- Trends: Metallics, decadent embellishments, statement coats, Bermuda shorts.
- Who should wear it: Who wouldn't want to wear this collection? If we had to choose, Michelle Obama (of course) and fashion girls who crave a little color and shimmer like Zoe Saldana, Kate Bosworth, and Chloë Moretz.
- Fabrics: Cashmere, jacquard, silk, wool.
- Shoes: Metallic double ankle-strap point-toe pumps, printed round-toe pumps, strappy suede pumps.
- Editors' pick: We loved this lavender look comprising metallic jacquard trousers, a cozy cable-knit sweater, and a gorgeous tailored coat.
— Additional reporting by Chi Diem Chau