A little '60s mod, a little well-played kitsch — Karen Walker zeroes in on a playfully smart Fall '12, complete with paisley, pops of bold color, gold statement pieces, and her signature sunnies topping off every look. The designer was inspired by sea monsters and Victorian-age romanticism, as well as the Jules Verne novel 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea for her Fall collection —culminating in a totally wearable group of fun, feminine pieces. Get the full breakdown below.
- Trends: Shimmery gold jackets and jacquard dresses, Victorian-inspired ruffled collars, plaid jackets reminiscent of Cher Horowitz.
- Colors: Canary yellow, charcoal gray, navy, orange.
- Key Piece: The gold metallic brocade dresses; the yellow mohair sweater with wool skirt.
- Accessories: Low-heeled ankle boots and clodhopper heels by Beau Coops; wristlets and leather gloves; and of course, colorful, '60s-chic sunglasses.
- Who Would Wear It: Quirky-cool It girls like Kirsten Dunst, Alexa Chung, and Chloë Moretz.