The ethereal collection of Marchesa gowns shown for Fall 2012 left us with one question: which A-list celeb will wear which dress on which red carpet? One by one, models floated out in decadent floral appliqué bodices in golds, crimson reds, and aquamarine teals, complete with even more ornate tulle-enhanced skirts, fit-and-flare silhouettes, and sheer formfitted overlays. Marchesa dresses are more about fantasy than anything else, and these dresses had a romantic feel, as if they had been plucked from the bodies of different heroines in Edwardian-era novels. There were looks for a princess in the full-skirted ball gowns, sheer lace dresses with asymmetric hems that would belong to the sexy mistress, and the queen who leads her country into battle — we can't think of a better look than the short black leather dress with black knee-high gladiator sandals.
- Trends: lace embroidery, feathers, gold detailing, lace
- Colors: red, gold, cream, black, baby blue
- Key Piece: a red embroidered dress with a huge skirt was a showstopper, and we love the short, light cocktail dresses.
- Accessories: luxe gladiator sandals and delicate pointy-toe heels.
- Who Would Wear It: Blake Lively will wear the short cocktail dresses all year, and Marchesa fans like Lea Michele, Halle Berry, and Jessica Biel will all give these dresses a spin on the red carpet.