Mary Katrantzou is not one to skimp on the experimental details, and her Fall 2013 collection was no exception. While some looks were more wearable than others — we can definitely see some of the more avant-garde pieces on the Met Gala red carpet — all of them were classically Katrantzou, bubbling with scenic photo prints, origami-style pleats, and strong, structured shoulders. Color-heavy, fitted pieces were tempered with slouchier silhouettes, and Katrantzou was careful to include black-on-black looks (like an asymmetrical sweater and leather pencil skirt) among the group of printed brights. Shoes were kept on the simple side, with an eclectic mix of ankle booties and strappy heels, and the models' hair was kept sleek and minimal (with short, blunt bangs) in order to showcase the beautiful looks. The somewhat darker palette of grays, blacks, and golds was a lovely departure from the neon hues in the designer's Spring collection, though the selection of striking, unconventional pieces remained the same. Click through to see Katrantzou's Fall '13 runway show now.
- Trends: Origami, structured shoulders, photo prints.
- Colors: Black, gray, and white; pops of blue, gold, and pink.
- Key look: The frothy black-and-gray photo-print finale dress.
- Beauty look: Slicked-back ponytails with short, blunt bangs; pale makeup and strong brows.
- Who should wear it: Perennial print lovers like Poppy Delevingne and Solange Knowles.