Rugged elegance was Michael Kors's theme for Fall '12, showcasing an array of luxurious fur, blanket stripes, polished plaid, and languid sequin gowns. Staying true to his refined classics aesthetic, Kors delivered a collection filled with nostalgic winterwear remixed with an opulent and modern twist. Buffalo and tartan plaid were paired with leather and lace, while a wool herringbone dress was updated with an ombré feathered effect. Kors held nothing back when it came to statement fur; from sleeveless Mongolian vests to crimson stadium coats, textures were in full force. With some of Hollywood's golden girls in full attendance — we spotted Jessica Alba, Debra Messing, and Amber Heard sitting front row — eveningwear highlighted some gorgeous Oscars-worthy, '40s-inspired sequin gowns decorated with sheer sliced cutouts. Read more details below, then check out the complete runway collection.
- Trends: Plaid, blanket stripes, statement fur, leather dresses, capes.
- Colors: Red, black, gray, camel, ivory, gold.
- Key Piece: The plaid coats were the perfect mix of rugged and refined.
- Accessories: Chunky oxfords, fur-lined boots, doctor's bags, fur snoods, fur satchels, long knit gloves.
- Who Would Wear It: Polished Hollywood beauties like front-row attendees Jessica Alba, Debra Messing, and Amber Heard.