Milly's girl got a techy twist — bold photo prints, citron tweed, and clear-goggle-inspired specs distinguished Michelle Smith's set for Spring and set the tone for the season's coolest kind of dress code. It's a sexier spin than we're used to seeing from Milly, rife with shocks of color, body-conscious scuba-style dresses, and high-wattage metallics. Still, when Smith takes on tighter silhouettes, like her pencil skirts and minidresses, she counters with hooded toppers (some finished in fresh tweeds) or an anorak layered up over top. At first glance, it's just flat-out cool, but you quickly see how Smith's smart contrasts are repositioning terms like "sexy" and "sporty." She crafts a track jacket in pearlized organza, for starters, and takes on girlier full skirts and even the pencil skirt with a kind of technical precision that makes us stop to consider the details at work: python-embossed textures, fluid trousers, and a buzz-worthy palette. It's the kind of collection that will get a girl noticed — for all the right reasons.
- Trends: Athletic-inspired details, mesh, tweed, neon, colorblocking, photo prints, and tropical floral prints.
- Colors: White, black, pink citron, blue, turquoise, and silver.
- Key Piece: If you're not one for body-con silhouettes, then look to Milly's printed halter and citron trousers.
- Accessories: Clear, goggle-like specs; Manolo Blahnik cutout heels; pointed-toe, ankle-strap pumps; and sleek, zippered clutches.
- Who Should Wear It: Young Hollywood types who like their sexy looks with a sporty edge, like Jessica Alba, Jamie Chung, and Jordana Brewster.