We've come to know Naeem Khan for his glamorous gowns, but today's Spring '13 showing also highlighted the designer's expansion into sleek daywear. From embroidered pants to wave-print shiftdresses, the designer has mastered all aspects of day-to-night dressing using Moroccan influences and bold patterns. Light and flouncy dresses showed sunset prints and oversize rose patterns, leather made its way onto bustiers, and satin jackets looked effortlessly elegant. Meanwhile, the designer's selection of gowns showed off intricate embroidery details on exotic bright-hued silk gowns — we couldn't take our eyes off the beautiful beaded red cocoon-shaped gown. All together, a stunning collection that received a much-deserved standing ovation from the audience for the beloved designer.
- Trends: Embellishment/beading, global references, bold prints, leather, embellished pants.
- Colors: Yellow, blue, navy, black, nude, coral, orange, red.
- Key Piece: The red embroidered cocoon dress was simply magical.
- Accessories: Patent ankle-wrap heels, flat leather sandals, metallic headbands, exotic stacked bracelets.
- Who Should Wear It: Ladies who want to make a shining red-carpet statement like Kate Beckinsale and front-row attendee Padma Lakshmi.