Nicky Hilton has impressed us not only with her laid-back California style but also her designing skills. When we heard she was hitting New York City's Big Drop boutique to debut her Spring 2012 Nicholai collection, we hightailed it over to get the scoop on her latest baubles and more.
- On the Inspiration for Nicholai: I’m very obsessed with the whole deco era – the style, the people, the makeup, and I wanted to bring that out in my jewelry collection. But I realized that kind of jewelry can be very expensive, so I wanted to bring it at a reasonable price point but still great quality.
- Nicky's favorite piece: I love this [turquoise blue] cocktail ring! I tend to wear a lot of black and gray, so I love adding color through accessories.
- Fashion week plans: I’m going to Alice + Olivia, Diane von Furstenburg, and Charlotte Ronson.
- Nicky's Fall shopping list: I’m loving all the Fall Isabel Marant, and I'll buy boots. If you’re shopping on a budget, invest in good boots. It’s key.
- Fall shopping tip: I always tell everyone — don’t skimp on shoes. Save on the clothes — you can have a rocking H&M or Zara dress, but pair it with really good accessories.
- Where Nicky shops: I shop everywhere — I love Topshop, Intermix, and Patricia Field when I’m in NYC.
Be sure to check out our recap of the celebrity-studded events from Fashion’s Night Out!