We've been fans of Nordstrom's partnership with British style authority Topshop since it launched last year, but we must say, the new Summer arrivals are really wooing us — and it doesn't hurt that standard shipping is free (as with all Nordstrom purchases). Here are a few items from the line that we're adding to our shopping cart.
It's inevitable that, despite the best of intentions, plenty of upstanding sons and daughters show up giftless on Mother's Day. With not much time left, do better than a greeting card from the picked-over Hallmark aisle and try your luck with one of these procrastination-friendly suggestions to help you win Mom's favor. Just, please, try to get a jump on next year.
- Nordstrom lets online buyers pick up Mother's Day items in-store. That way, you can save yourself the hassle of fighting off fellow shoppers and still not worry about whether the package will arrive on schedule (though, they do have free shipping all the time). Some items to consider: These Kendra Scott oval earrings ($52) or this Alex and Ani expandable wire bangle ($38).
- It's not the most sentimental, but it gets the job done: Neiman Marcus sells virtual gift cards (ranging from $25 to $1,000) that get sent instantly via email. And if Mom doesn't use it within 60 days, an actual card will be shipped, free, to her house.
- Bloomingdale's offers up a slew of fashion-friendly Mother's Day beauty gift sets by brands such as Prada, Viktor & Rolf, and Jimmy Choo — all of which come with a bonus gift-with-purchase for mom.
- For a gift that gives back, TOMS is offering last-minute shipping of all shoes, including the classic "TOMS Hearts Moms" pattern ($54), which is only available through its site.
- It's no surprise that Amazon offers need-to-have-it-now shipping options, and for Mom, why not spring for overnight delivery? Or if you'd rather not, get one-day shipping free by picking a jewelry or watch item from the site's preselected list of qualifying products. We think Mom would like this Vince Camuto white ceramic timepiece ($225).
Have other last-minute shopping secrets to share? Please do, in the comments below!
Travel makeup bags are essential for warmer weather. If you're going on a weeklong vacation, traveling for business, or just need something to spruce up with during day trips, you'll want to see our five options, which are portable, organized, and easy to pack. On Kirbie: Club Monaco dress.
Calling all beauty mavens: Nordstrom is giving you the chance to get a leg up on Spring trends. From now through June, stores across the country are hosting Beauty Trend Shows and Pretty Parties for customers. Basically, it's an excuse to get pampered and score some insight into what's hot for Spring.
Securing your spot for a Trend Show gets you into an exclusive runway show, featuring the latest from your favorite Nordstrom brands. Included with your $20 — which is redeemable towards any beauty purchase the day of the event — is a free makeup and skin care consultation. Pretty Parties are free and open to everyone and include beauty tips, tons of pampering, and a bevy of free samples. Ready to get in on the action? Check the website to see when the events are taking place near you, and then prepare to be fabulous.
We only have a few short weeks until March, which means we're nearing transitional dressing season. With that in mind, we're heading to Nordstrom's shoe clearance for a footwear refresh. Right now, a range of cool booties, loafers, and sandals are marked up to a whopping 50 percent off. Just click on to see and shop our top picks from the sale right now!
The wait is (mostly) over: Jason Wu's more affordable exploration of his design aesthetic — namely, his Miss Wu for Nordstrom collection — is now online and available for preorder. Along with our complete lookbook inside, you can see exactly what Wu's self-described "more downtown, more relaxed attitude" is made of. While Wu's namesake collection caters to a more sophisticated trendsetter, who straddles the line between ladylike and subversive, this youthful — but still impeccably chic — lineup is its younger sister, a girlier representation with a mod-era feel. To celebrate the capsule's debut online, we've already picked out our favorite pieces right here. From a retro geometric-print shiftdress and a leather circle skirt to a cashmere lace sweater and a rich olive-hued trench coat, these pieces are bound to be Spring-transitional staples. As for the price range, it ranges from $195 for a necktie blouse to $795 for a leather biker jacket. Keep clicking for our shopping picks and the full Miss Wu for Nordstrom lookbook now.
— Additional reporting by Marisa Tom and Hannah Weil
The pop-up shop collection will be available in February 2013 at six Nordstrom locations including Seattle, San Francisco, Los Angeles (The Grove), Chicago, Dallas (Northpark), and Treasure & Bond in NYC. The CFDA is making a big effort to support their up-and-coming designers, and we can't wait to shop this latest collaboration. Are you just as excited?
Photo courtesy of Nordstrom
A luxe faux fur vest is a necessity in every Winter wardrobe. We've seen trendsetters like Nicole Richie, Rihanna, and Rachel Roy incorporate this furry layering pieces into their outfits — so we headed to Nordstrom at The Grove to style three different versions of the coveted-cool faux fur vest. Whether you prefer traditional, cropped, or colored, we have a vest for everyone in this installment of Currently Trending. On Allison: Theyskens Theory top, Proenza Schouler skirt, JewelMint necklace.
Stripes are a Summer staple, so we're always looking for ways to reinvent this classic pattern. Accordingly, we headed to Nordstrom in Santa Monica, and with a little inspiration from Olivia Palermo, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Taylor Swift, we created three outfits that will have you looking très chic all Summer long.