Just because fashion designers don't play competitive sports doesn't mean they can't take part in the 2008 Olympics. Au contraire, mon frère. Hong Kong-based retailer Lane Crawford has enlisted the help of 12 of the world's most famous names — Ricardo Tisci, Burberry (left), Phillip Lim, and Stella McCartney, to name a few — for "The Collective: Synergy in Fashion." The looks will be showcased at several events throughout the Olympic season in Beijing this Summer. After August, all of the one-of-a-kind garments will be auctioned, with 100 percent of proceeds benefiting UNICEF's Driving Dreams project. I've never been the athletic type, but this is dope.
To see designs by Alberta Ferretti, Givenchy, and more, read more
- Stefano Pilati for YSL's take on a running outfit.
- Martin Margiela's take on a badminton outfit.
- A sketch of Givenchy's archery outfit.
- Stella McCartney's take on an equestrian outfit.
- A sketch of a 3.1 Phillip Lim tennis outfit.
- A sketch of Alberta Ferretti's take on a gymnastics
- A Burberry Prorsum sailing outfit.