Peter Som is always an upbeat show, full of color and print, and Spring 2012 delivered that within a collection that suggests what might happen if Kate Middleton, Michelle Obama, and Rachel Bilson became mashed up into one fun-loving, totally polished lady with an edge. There was a '60s vibe in the colorblock coats with pointed collars, high-waist swimsuits, round sunglasses, and floral pantsuits. The women strutted down the runway in platform loafer pumps in seafoam green and patent leather white. Plastic floral necklaces sat atop prim crewneck sweaters and were paired with deliciously fun feathered skirts. Finally, there was a decidely sport edge via jackets in techno twill and lightweight anoraks that were designed to wear over skinny pants and heels.
- Trends: Sporty, '60s, colorblocking, florals.
- Colors: Red, yellow, teal, seafoam green, pink, blue, florals.
- Key Piece:Floral pants (with matching jacket!), leather shift dress in yellow, the feather dresses.
- Accessories: platform loafer pumps, plastic floral necklaces.
- Who Would Wear It: Someone who wants to amp up their classic style with color and humor; think Michelle Obama or Rachel Bilson.
Make sure to check out all of our New York Fashion Week coverage!