Hot, hot, hot in so many ways: Prabal Gurung's Spring 2013 collection was unforgettable, and it wasn't just the sexy, flouncy dresses. The show was set inside an enormous warehouse with blacked-out windows, and unfortunately, no air circulation. On a surprisingly hot and muggy New York City day, this meant a lot of editors got an unexpected steam session. The lights finally went up, and out from the fog (a fog machine but no fans = unfortunate) came Joan Smalls, marching out in a cool white look that showcased the incredibly light possibilities of layering. Long sheer tops and dresses were worn over pants — a nod to Gurung's Nepalese roots. Even the cocktail dresses layered on wispy frills of ruffles and feathers that didn't weigh down the look; quite the opposite, these bouncy dresses were a highlight of the show. Kate Bosworth and Girls star Allison Williams sat rooted in the front, and Bosworth busily snapped pics of the looks as they went by — snapping photos of her future red-carpet looks, perhaps?
- Trends: Ruffles, sheerness, trumpet dresses, drop-waist dresses, slouchy shorts, graphic prints, monochromatic dressing.
- Colors: Black, white, burgundy, cornflower blue, red.
- Key Piece: A very cool sleeveless burgundy printed coat, the drop-waist dresses with ruffles, the sharp blazers that opened the show.
- Accessories: Crisscross ankle-strap shoes.
- Who Should Wear It: Kate Bosworth sat in the front row, and she should definitely wear the flouncy drop-waist dresses — they're perfect for her. It would be great to see Gwyneth Paltrow rock one of the pant, blazer, or sheer top looks, as she could totally pull it off.