What happens when your favorite surfer girl gets dressed for work? The answer seems to lie in Rag & Bone's Spring 2012 collection. Models strode the runway — to a custom Thom Yorke soundtrack, no less — in layers that mixed sporty elements with Rag & Bone's signature tailoring. That meant long ponchos layered over sleek trousers, and the perfect blazer over a crocheted cropped tank and techy-fabric skirt. By now, it's clear that the sporty trend is one of the most dominant to emerge at Fashion Week, and we like the fresh, edgy approach designers Marcus Wainwright and David Neville took here.
- Trends: Sporty, surf chic, ponchos, crochet, asymmetry.
- Colors: Citrus, turquoise, cobalt, canary yellow, white.
- Key Piece: The tailored blazers; silk printed pants, long sporty ponchos.
- Accessories: Surfer and sport-inspired sandals, a crocheted knit bag.
- Who Would Wear It: The ultimate cool girl who loves to mix sporty elements into tailored looks — like front-rower Malin Akerman or Alexa Chung.