With references to her recent travels in Japan, Reem Acra's Fall 2013 collection was a killer lineup of sharp, sophisticated dressing for the posh uptown woman, infused with deeply beautiful embroidery and topped with kimono-style coats. Perhaps what we're all most excited to see, though, as with every Acra collection, is the display of stunning gowns. This time those red-carpet-worthy dresses were finished with more subversive fishnet insets and layers (nods to a series of photographs from artist Daido Moriyama) until the line culminated in the most luxurious of tiered tulle confections that begged to be taken to the Oscars.
- Trends: Leather, fur, cutouts, draping, and embroidery.
- Colors: Gray and black juxtaposed with a fiery red; a sophisticated houndstooth print.
- Shoes: Striking white pumps and evening sandals.
- Beauty look: Slicked side parts and gorgeous red lips.
- Editors' pick: Since we regrettably won't have any place to wear her tiered finale gowns, we're looking to the chic kimono coats to tie our look together.