Staying in style for a sporty day at the beach is important, but keeping all your gear organized is even more essential. All six of these beach bags offer plenty of pockets to stash your goods, material that will hold up against the sand, and, in some cases, cooler capacities to keep you nourished and hydrated all day long. Click through to find your next bag for the beach.
When DVF put her feminine spin on Roxy's surfer-cool gear, the results were one of our favorite collaborations of the season — a lineup of bikinis, rash guards, sporty boy shorts, and cover-ups all crafted in DVF's fresh Spring-ready prints. We hit the DVF Loves Roxy launch in NYC to bring you an up close and personal look at our favorite pieces from the beachy collaboration. Watch on for all of our editors' picks and a glimpse of all the action straight from the launch party.
It may still be a little chilly outside, but there's nothing wrong with a little pre-Spring and Summer shopping. That said, Diane von Furstenberg and Roxy are helping us gear up for a season of sun and surf with their new swimwear collection. The line features a wide range of silhouettes and fun prints, starting with the pink clover prints and colorful graphic patterns. There are beach totes for all your warm-weather essentials, plus a few stylish rash guards for the hardcore surfer, too. Click on to see — and shop — the pieces from the lookbook right now.
Vanessa Hudgens delivered an outfit that we want to re-create — immediately. For the DVF Loves Roxy Swim Launch, Vanessa styled up a basic canvas punctuated with a cool beige and black blazer, snakeskin heels, and bohemian jewelry. The DVF Loves Roxy collection is full of bold prints in Roxy's signature surf-inspired swim styles. We'll be showing you our favorites from the line, but for now, get a glimpse when you check out Vanessa's latest look! On Allison McNamara: Bebe suit, Topshop blouse.
There's no February lull here: when it comes to healthy living, we've been going strong with the help of a few motivating products. From a pair of trail-runners that make the outdoors fun to a GPS heart rate monitor that's become our new fitness coach, January's fitness resolutions are still fresh in our minds. We've even been snacking on some appropriately named healthy popcorn. Check out what will keep us motivated to burn calories all month long!
Roopal Patel's Departure, Diane von Furstenberg's Swim Collaboration, and Jacquetta Wheeler's Wedding
Those stories and more in our daily news roundup.
- Roopal Patel, who had been fashion director of Moda Operandi since November 2011, quietly left the position at the beginning of the Summer. Patel has been vacationing in Corsica and Saint-Tropez while considering her next career move. [WWD]
- If home is where the heart is, then Joan Smalls's heart is with her family in Puerto Rico. [Vogue]
- Diane von Furstenberg will partner with Roxy on a lower-priced line of swimsuits, bags, cover-ups, and other beach essentials. [FabSugar]
- Leandra Medine, better known as the Man Repeller, has broken down how her popular style blog makes money. "I have a storefront, but that generates no more than 10 percent. Ads must be 30 percent. Collaborations bring in 60 percent," she says. [Business of Fashion]
- Actress Rachel Weisz is the second woman to wear a dress from Raf Simons's premiere collection for Christian Dior in public. [The Cut]
- Christian Siriano will open his first store in New York's Nolita neighborhood, just in time for Fashion's Night Out. [Refinery29]
- Speaking of store openings, Tadashi Shoji celebrated the opening of its new Shanghai flagship store last week. [Fashionologie Inbox]
- Model Jacquetta Wheeler celebrated her nuptials at an ancient English country castle. [Vogue]
This may be one of the most genius swimwear collaborations ever — Diane von Furstenberg will team up with surf brand Roxy to design a limited-edition swimwear collection for next Spring called DVF Loves ROXY. While we've got quite some waiting to do, we're already conjuring up images of the capsule, which is sure to deliver a cool combination of Diane's signature colorful prints (her current swimwear selection is bold and playful) juxtaposed against Roxy's surfer-girl silhouettes. The 35-piece lineup, retailing from $38 to $88, will include swimsuits, beach cover-ups, board shorts, rash guards, and beach bags. Hinting at what's to come, Furstenberg said, "The collection is playful and fun . . . we wanted to empower women to go for it and ride the wave." Do you think this is a match made in swimwear collaboration heaven? Share your thoughts in the comments.
We're witnessing a definitive drop in temperatures, making anything knit or insulated look a lot more attractive. If you're ready to stock up on cold-weather gear — read: cozy, snuggly, comfy stuff — to take you through the long haul from now through Winter, tune in. Inside you'll find our favorite cozy Fall finds, like a wear-everywhere sweater dress and shearling-lined ankle boots that come in under budget — that's the cozy, snuggly, comfy (and stylish!) stuff we love all under $100. Just click through to shop!
If you're planning a trip to the great outdoors this Summer, get inspired by the woodsy-chic style of Tori Praver in this cool, camp-inspired editorial from Elle Italia. Mix practical go-to gear like a knapsack, thermal leggings, and hiking boots with easy neutral pieces like drawstring shorts and breezy button-downs. Whether you're roughing it in a tent and sleeping bag or living the high life in a cushy RV, don't forget to bring along these cool camp-friendly picks. Click through to see and shop each one now.
Dressing for a day at the beach may seem easy at first thought, but it takes more than a sexy swimsuit and a ho-hum cover-up to look stylish seaside. We've rounded up some of our Summer essentials — everything from crisp white jeans, retro-cool sunnies, and a graphic one-piece suit — that will look chic on any stretch of sand. So whether you're headed to Malibu, Miami, or the Amalfi Coast, click through now to see and shop 15 of our fave beach picks.