For those of us who can't bear the thought of the Brazilian bikini wax (or worse, the Hollywood), shaving is the only way to remove those unsightly hairs around that, ahem, oh so sensitive area. But as everyone knows, red bumps and irritation are only slightly less offensive but almost always a given when you bust out the razors.
Luckily, the folks at Coochy Shave have put a LOT of thought into the problem and come up with an amazing solution. Described as "the world's first rash-free shaving cream designed for every area of the body," the Coochy Rash Free Body Shave Cream comes in original, pear berry and (my favorite) green tea scents to provide the cleanest, closest shave — minus the red bumps.
To see Coochy's step-by-step instructions for a great shave read more
- Start with hair that is as short as possible. If the hair is long, it will be hard to shave. Try trimming it with an electric trimmer or scissors.
- Take a bath or shower, being sure to soak the area you need to shave. If you don't have time to shower or bathe, apply a warm, wet washcloth to the area and leave it there for a few minutes and don't dry it off.
- Apply shaving lotion (like Coochy) to the area. Use enough to keep the hairs and skin well lubricated throughout the shave.
- Use a sharp razor, stroking the hair only in the direction that the hair normally grows. Try to run the razor over each area only once or twice. A sharp razor will get every hair on the first trip. Scraping an area over and over will irritate your skin.
- Rinse the razor very often, after every stroke to keep it from clogging up. When you are done, rinse the skin well.
If you're still not convinced to try Coochy, we hear that it's the shaving gel of choice for exotic dancers. Plus, it will always be entertaining to recommend the brand to a friend.