Eric Daman is best known for his work outfitting the Upper East Siders on Gossip Girl, and now, he's risen to the challenge of outfitting a young Carrie Bradshaw in the new CW series The Carrie Diaries. This isn't Eric's first encounter with the character of Carrie — he worked with Patricia Field on the original Sex and the City! Eric visited our NYC studio to chat about what we can expect on The Carrie Diaries, which debuts Monday, Jan. 14, including a mix of contemporary labels with vintage and some of Carrie's trademark personalized accessories.
Halloween is the time to be terrified — not mortified — which is why we're reminding you of five common missteps to avoid during this spooky season, with the help of Mean Girls, Modern Family, and more of your favorite movies and TV shows. It's in this PopSugar holiday special!
Always dreamed of living in Carrie Bradshaw's apartment? Well, this may just be the next best thing. According to our friends at Curbed, Sex and the City creator Candace Bushnell has put her stunning $2.8 million property on the market. The Greenwich Village apartment, which was featured on the cover of Elle Decor in September 2005, highlights a sophisticated, contemporary style with polished accents and luxurious furnishings. An added neighborly bonus? Actor Chris Noth — "Mr. Big" — also owns an apartment in the building.
- The Marilyn Moment: "I bought this really cute, swishy See by Chloé skirt and I was so proud to wear it to work. My office was in Times Square, and that evening when I headed out, I was hailing a taxi, surrounded by a gazillion people, when a gust of wind caused my skirt to fly up around my face, revealing my not-really-cute underwear to what felt like the entire world." — Noria Morales, style director
- Unintentional Soil: "There's nothing fun about staining new clothes, and in my case, nothing tops the time I rocked a new Summer LWD and basically 'soiled' it. More specifically, I sat in someone's leftover brownie on the subway en route to work, then proceeded to wear my unfortunate brownie stain on the back of my white dress for most of the day. Lesson learned: beware of sitting on pastries on the train!" — Marisa Tom, FabSugar associate editor
Kim Cattrall is 56 today, and in our opinion, she's as sexy as ever. We're still convinced that she is Samantha Jones (not a bad thing), so it wouldn't be a true birthday celebration without a closer look at her iconic Sex and the City character's wardrobe. Sure, we've salivated over Carrie's city-girl outfits and were smitten with Charlotte's posh Upper East Sider wares, but a lot of the time, it was Samantha Jones's unforgettably sassy style that left a lasting impression. This was one woman who lived for color, statement jewels, oversize hats, and anything else that was particularly eye-catching. We have to admit: Kim knows how to fully commit to a character. She was never afraid to bare more than a little skin and go the distance as Samantha, which is why we're still inspired by her power suits, slinky cocktail dresses, bold costume jewelry, and vixenish heels. In honor of Kim Cattrall's birthday, here are our favorite scene-stealing style moments courtesy of Samantha Jones.
No matter if someone's already asked for your hand, you're content with your single status, or you're still waiting for your significant other to get down on one knee, have some fun this wedding season by indulging in some eye candy as they play out one of the most intimate milestones in life — popping the question! Check out our special of Hot Guys Proposing, and if you're in the mood for more, watch Hot Guys Saying "I Love You" and Hot Guys Kissing in the Rain.
Carrie Bradshaw may have been TV's ultimate single girl, but when the series gets the big-screen treatment, Carrie gets ready to walk down the aisle with Mr. Big. Of course, it takes Carrie and Big six seasons to even figure out their relationship, so their road to marriage is a bumpy one, with one breakup, two proposals, and in true Carrie style, several wedding dresses. Check out the slideshow to remember how Carrie and Big finally make it to the altar in the Sex and the City movie.
>>Those stories and more in our daily news roundup.
- R.J. Cutler, the documentarian who directed The September Issue, is working on a fashion film based on Fabulous Nobodies, the chronicle of an '80s Manhattan nightclub hostess written by former Vogue Australia Editor-in-Chief Lee Tulloch. The screenplay is ready, and Cutler's goal is to start filming by this Fall — now all he needs is a "stylish twentysomething actress for the lead role" and he'll be set. [The Cut]
- Fashion designer Victoria Beckham debuted a new haircut this week, chopping off her long locks in favor of a just-below-the-shoulder-length cut. Beckham tweeted a picture of her freshly shorn hair on the floor of her salon this weekend with the message "Chopped it off!" and paparazzi captured her summery new 'do shortly thereafter. [Stylelist]
- Filming has begun on the new Sex and the City prequel show The Carrie Diaries, and AnnaSophia Robb — the actress playing young Carrie Bradshaw — has been spotted toting around a paint-splattered handbag emblazoned with her character's name. One of the first episodes is said to include a shopping trip to Century 21. The show will air on the CW this Fall. [The Fashion Spot]
Sarah Jessica Parker stole our hearts as Carrie Bradshaw on Sex and the City. And while the show inspired quite the Manolo Blahnik habit, it's Sarah Jessica Parker's polished and refined off-duty style that continues to inspire us. In today's episode of CelebStyle 101, we're going to show you five easy ways to get a classic SJP ensemble. And the best part? You probably already have a ton of these styling items in your wardrobe. From pops of pink, to ladylike lengths, to a simple spaghetti-strap dress, channel your inner Sarah Jessica Parker with these quick tips! On Allison: StyleMint top, Zara jacket, Lia Sophia necklace.