'Tis the season to rock all sorts of fun tights, like these Flirt for Asos 70 Denier Rebel Tights ($12). You should continue to wear them, so long as you give them a good wash from time to time. I know the thought of washing a delicate fabric is scary because of the possibility of tears (and labor), but the alternative, reeking of smelly gym, is far worse.
To learn how to safely bathe your tights, read more
- Take each of your tights and individually soak them in a lukewarm sink of water.
- Pour a potent but gentle soap, like this The Laundress Delicate Wash ($5-$20), into the bowl and let it sit for a half hour or so.
- Now that your tights have been fully immersed in water and soap, remove them and rinse in cold water to get rid of all the suds.
- Wring them gently to remove as much of the water as possible and hang to dry in your shower.
- Use tights and repeat steps after five or so wears, or until smelly.