For the moments when we've all looked in the mirror and thought: I can do better, we've culled our fashionable community, and consulted our editors for the quick-fix styling tips to give you a one-minute makeover — and a boost of confidence. Today's bit of wisdom: add a scarf.
- Just adding a scarf to your look instantly adds dimension to even the most basic styles.
- Use it to balance color and print. If you're wearing neutrals, go for a pop of color or print to brighten up your ensemble; if you're wearing all-over prints or bold colors, opt for a neutral or black scarf to temper your look.
- As for practical use, scarves are an easy layer to tote in (or tied to) your bag to throw on when the chill sets in.
- Scarves are truly one-piece wonders. They work not just as decorative add-ons, but as belts, hair accessories, even tops. Check out FabSugar TV for even more ways to wear them.
- Keep a scarf in your bag or in your desk drawer for an instant fix. You can tie it on, and ditch your corporate blazer before you head from the office out to drinks.