What we love about Tory Burch is that she takes classic American style and gives it a jolt of exoticism with her bold colors and prints, and for Spring 2013 we saw that adventurous spirit again.
What we love about Tory Burch is that she takes classic American style and gives it a jolt of exoticism with her bold colors and prints, and for Spring 2013 we saw that adventurous spirit again. There was no specific region in mind, as references ranged from tribal to Moroccan to downright preppy, but that seems to be quintessential Tory Burch: eccentric, curious, fun-loving, but always rooted in simple silhouettes like mom used to wear. That is, if your mom was super stylish and always put together. It was all about the embellishments: colorful, shiny beading, fringe, and crochet. They were juxtaposed with accessories that looked like travel souvenirs (in a good way), sensible traveling shoes, and rich colors. Tory fans will find lots to shop next season, from a beautifully-printed blue sundress, to bold separates that need only a tee-shirt to work well for the office. And can we talk about the hair for just a moment? Those wispy, prairie-girl gorgeous braids are a must-have.
- Trends: global chic, tie-dye, embroidery, prints, tribal.
- Colors: Soft yellow and blush tones, to coral, red, cobalt blue, to earthy neutrals and white.
- Key Piece: An adorable, bright, wheat-print shorts suit, a bright blue floral print dress, the great heeled loafers .
- Accessories: Textural necklaces, heeled loafers, brightly-colored cross body bags and a fanny pack!
- Who Should Wear It: Dree Hemingway would look so pretty in these clothes, and we could see longtime fan Brooklyn Decker rocking the printed shorts suit.