- The Obamas had a ball at the Correspondents' Dinner — Sex & Culture
- The most luxurious baby shower gifts ever — Moms
- What the stars wore to the White House Correspondents' Dinner — Fashion
- Johnny Depp, the Olsens, and more attend a secret Stones show — Celebrity
- Eleven tech gifts perfect for Mother's Day — Tech
- Ways to make your home more green than ever — Home
- Paul Rudd has a movie you're bound to love at Tribeca! — Entertainment
- Long-lasting bridal makeup tips — Beauty
- Margarita mixes made of quality ingredients — Food
- Post-workout snacks under 150 calories — Fitness
- Steps to planning your dream vacation — Smart Living
- Organic dog treats worth begging for — Pets
- What Glee should do with their new characters this season
- Six recipes to ensure a festive guacamole day
- Angelina Jolie advocates for Syrian refugees in Iraq
- Easy ways to fill in sparse brows
- There were plenty of hot men at NYFW, too
- Which celebrity babies were the biggest NYFW fans?
- The best street style from London Fashion Week
- Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick get in the real estate flipping business
- Video: Our predictions on who will take home the drama Emmys
- Make time to voting despite your 9-to-5 schedule
- Football basics for the casual fan
- Get to know the 2012 National Dressage champions
- CelebStyle: Diane Kruger's introductory lesson on crop-top wearing
- Do you plan to preorder the iPhone 5?
- Get ready to wear wedge sneakers this Fall
- Tone your arms with Cameron Diaz's trainer
- Simple but decadent side dishes
- Kate Middleton joins Princes William and Harry at a wedding
- Get excited — Moroccanoil is launching body care
- Get to know the man behind the monarch, Prince Philip
- Rebecca Taylor talks about her collection for girls
- The ultimate Spring dress guide
- Antique-hunting adventure at the Alameda Point Antiques Faire
- How well do you know the new True Blood characters?
- Video: Jimmy Fallon meets Carly Rae Jepsen
- Summer travels: 11 natural wonders in North America
- Twelve horses who almost won the Triple Crown
- CelebStyle: Carry a knuckle clutch like Jennifer Aniston
- Maybe Zooey Deschanel and Siri aren't such good friends
This year's Cannes Film Festival has wrapped up, but we're still amazed by the beauty looks — and much of those glamorous looks were created by a trio of the world's most in-demand hair and makeup artists. Colorist Christophe Robin, hairstylist John Nollet (pictured), and makeup artist Billy B, all L'Oréal ambassadors, tended to stars such as Marion Cotillard and Freida Pinto. Here, they share their advice on how you can achieve a bit of Croisette-level glamour in your everyday life. Read more.
For model Liya Kebede, Cannes feels like magic. "It gets into you the minute you arrive here," she said this morning. "It's very glamorous, and I like that it's very international as well. You see all these different people from all over the world coming with their films, which is great." It's been a big year for Liya, who was named a L'Oréal Paris brand ambassador last June and is making forays into the film world. She's currently working on The Best Offer from Cinema Paradiso director Giuseppe Tornatore.
There's more to Liya than her stunning looks, though. She won a BellaSugar beauty award thanks to her philanthropic efforts. Her eponymous foundation is dedicated to improving maternal health, and she's created a clothing line, Lemlem, which helps support craftswomen in her native Ethiopia. Today, the supermodel talked about her various work endeavors and shared her best tips on beauty, the inside scoop on her own makeup routine, and more.
BellaSugar: It's pretty surreal here. Have you ever had an incredible Cannes moment?
Liya Kebede: I think you get it every time you get here. Last time, I ran into Woody Allen in the lobby. You can't believe it — it's just insane. There's so many of these great people and stars. At some point, you don't even react anymore. You get overstimulated. Every corner is some incredible person, or you go to a party and it's full of everybody. It's amazing. You just go, "I'm in Cannes!"
BellaSugar: And part of Cannes, is of course, getting made up and looking great, which you're quite familiar with, I'm sure. What's the best tip you've learned from the pros?
Liya Kebede: Less is more. If you're going do an eye thing, then don't do a lip thing. Try to find a balance about what you do. Also, nothing is necessarily specific — using a lip thing on your eye or cheeks is fine, and it works, and it's light. Play around! Nothing is so fixed.
For the rest of our chat with Liya, just read more
- DIY tips to add style and personality to your wedding
- Eat by the colors of the rainbow
- All the stars who turned out for Coachella weekend one
- Which celeb wore the berry lip trend best?
- How to Spring clean your dating style
- Mock cocktails for expectant wedding guests
- The best accessories from Coachella
- 14 hot pictures of Zac Efron in The Lucky One
- Video: A history of Brad and Angelina talking marriage
- Do you have one of the best jobs in 2012?
- 10 diet and exercise tips from supermodels
- This adorable new giraffe was just born in a Madrid zoo!
- CelebStyle: These celebs show how to wear purple
- Four apps that will show you how to correctly re-create the sky on the Titanic
- 10 movies we want to see in 3D
- Five fuss-free and flavorful seafood meals
- Jennifer Garner and Violet Affleck are too cute en route to ballet
- See the best Kids' Choice Awards looks up close
- A history of the bikini
- Check out the sweet room Jenna Lyons designed for her son
- 10 eco-chic finds to kick off Earth Day
- 13 home decor pieces on sale that you can't miss!
- The Killing — get updated on what went down in season one, and what's to come
- Video: Which Gossip guy is best for Blair?
- Five simple ways to organize your living room
- One roasted chicken, five healthy recipes
- CelebStyle: Two-tone bags like Reese's bright Celine number!
- 5 ways to navigate the changing seasons in style
- Easy weeknight recipes from Giada De Laurentiis
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart get close on a smoke break
- Beautiful bridal styles from around the world
- Zooey Deschanel talks about being terrified of her sister Emily
- Alicia Silverstone feeds her son already chewed food out of her own mouth
- Top ten trends from the Architectural Digest 2012 Home Show
- Where to find The Hunger Games stars next
- Video: Details on George Clooney and Stacy Keibler's romantic Cabo vacation
- You drank too much at happy hour: how to handle it
- Get ready for bikini season with these 5 debloating foods
- CelebStyle: Happy birthday, Fergie! Re-create her boldest outerwear styles
- Twelve fresh laptop sleeves for Spring
- 20 years later: our favorite teen TV stars who are now parents!
- His royal hotness: the cutest photos from Prince Harry's South American tour
- Five fast and easy dinners perfect for Spring
- Brad Pitt takes Ellen DeGeneres on a tour of NOLA
- Emily Blunt, Melissa McCarthy, and more stars love watermelon lipstick
- The best and brightest — the trends that will be huge this Spring!
- Tour Carrie Bradshaw's $9.5 million NYC home, which is for sale
- The 10 best quotes from the Vampire Diaries at PaleyFest
- Video: Britney Spears says hosting the X Factor could be fun
- 22 cheap ways to treat yourself
- A guide to tummy-toning yoga poses
- CelebStyle: Rachel Bilson shares her sunglasses tips
- Details on an iPhone case that actually guarantees its cargo
- Standout accessories we're excited to see in the front rows during Fashion Week
- Would you drink a bacon shake?
- Prince Harry and David Beckham have a hot night out in London
- Celebs are loving Downton Abbey-esque updos
- Gwyneth Paltrow and more celebs who got active to support Planned Parenthood
- Start your party engines! How to throw a Cars-themed bash
- Easy tips to warm up the kitchen of your rental
- What's your take on Madonna's video with Nicki Minaj and M.I.A.?
- Video: Patriots quarterback Tom Brady's sweetest moments
- Can you cash in on Facebook's IPO?
- A workout that can help you get Madonna's arms
- Did your pets get in on the Super Bowl action?
- Geek love: 10 couples from sci-fi and comic books
- Make a typography-inspired Valentine's Day mantel
Red-carpet fashion and beauty coverage:
- Who gets your pick for best dressed?
- Sexy slits and cutouts rocked the red carpet
- Vibrant colors were a big trend on the carpet
- Which actress rocked your favorite sexy slit?
- Seems like silver and gray were the colors of the evening!
- Headband braids were all the rage
- Find out who wore what
Catch up on other arrivals fun you may have missed:
- In case you missed it, check out our show from the red carpet!
- It was almost a double date for George and Stacy with Brad and Angelina!
- Aww — look back at the couples of yesterday at the SAG Awards past
- All the hot couples on the SAG red carpet
- Check out all the hotties in their bow ties
- There were lots of talented ladies catching up with their hilarious pals
- Tons more highlights from the show!
The list of all the winners, and more press room fun:
I've sometimes wished a professional makeup artist was on hand for a consultation before my photo was taken. The opportunity for that to actually happen arose this week, when Revlon's Global Artistic Director Gucci Westman volunteered her makeover services. Gucci, who's worked with the likes of Cameron Diaz and Kim Kardashian, walked me through the steps she used to get my visage ready for the camera. She shared some beauty tips — and revealed how she's prepping to survive another Fashion Week — just before a portrait session with photographer Michael Fine began.
I presented Gucci with a relatively bare face, which you can see at right.
To read Gucci's tips, and to see the results of her hard work, just read on.
Red carpet fashion and beauty coverage:
- Who was your pick for best dressed?
- It's always a treat to see Brad and Angelina posing for photos together
- How to replicate Jessica Alba's stunning look
- Mauve lips were quite the trend!
- Lots of ladies loved to wear sequins
- The 10 best Golden Globes hairstyles
- Fishtail dresses were a big trend
- Mila Kunis repped Dior on the carpet
- Zooey Deschanel's nails wore tuxes
- So many nude hues were on display!
- Emerald jewels light up the red carpet
Catch up on other arrivals fun you may have missed:
- Pitt, Clooney, Fassbender, and DiCaprio more than make up for Gosling's absence
- Which guy rocked his bow tie better?
- Natalie and Benjamin, George and Stacy, and more amazing red-carpet couples
- All the arrivals on the red carpet!
- So many foreign hotties at the Golden Globes
The list of all the winners, and more press room fun:
Red carpet fashion and beauty coverage:
- All the ladies fashion from the gray carpet
- The Descendants' Shailene Woodley sizzles in Calvin Klein
- Do you like Octavia Spencer's purple shadow?
- Viola Davis's hair and makeup perfected her look
- Emma Stone picks a fabulous Jason Wu
- Get a sleek white look like Stacy Keibler
Your favorite celebrity friends:
- The CCA was another lady love fest!
- See who mingled inside the Hollywood Paladium!
- Who would you rather — Brad, George, or Leo?
The list of all the winners, and more CCA fun:
- Who wore what to the People's Choice Awards!
- See the coolest beauty details up close!
- Do you think How I Met Your Mother's Cobie Smulders was the best dressed?
- It was little details that made Emma Stone's outfit pop
- Busy Philipps killed it in blue Carven
- All the stars who were pretty as a peach
- The top looks from the red carpet
Get your favorite red carpet looks:
- Shop Ginnifer Goodwin's hot pink Roksanda Ilincic look
- Get a red sequined dress like Alyson Hannigan
- Want to own a dress like Jennifer Lawrence's Viktor & Rolf?
- Do, dump, or marry these red carpet guys?
The list of all the winners, and more PCA fun
- Video: Five things you didn't know about Kate Middleton
- A super simple way to make French onion soup
- How adorable is Keri Russell's baby girl Willa Lou?
- Three things to avoid when having your picture taken
- Useful lessons we can learn from real and fictional princesses
- Like Jay-Z, musical and famous fathers who've written songs for their babies
- 10 pretty Winter dresses perfect to wear now
- Cute gooseneck lamps to dress up your desk!
- New Girl cutie Jake Johnson on getting nude for the small screen
- How to rebound from your holiday spending spree
- Five secrets to flat abs
- Test your knowledge of animal mascots for big universities
- Monster unveils seven new celebrity headphone lines
- How to make your mantel look perfect for Winter
- In honor of John and Chrissy, a history of model-musician duos
- The best sparkling wines to drink on New Year's
- Robert Pattinson hits his local pub on Christmas Eve!
- Get a head start on the biggest makeup trends of 2012!
- Gwen Stefani's new Harajuku Mini designs are nautical inspired
- 5 easy New Year's Eve outfits
- Chic party accessories for your end-of-year bash
- Vote on the best and worst romantic comedies of 2011
- Video: Which had a bigger year, Harry Potter or Twilight?
- From bottled water to premium gas, 11 things not worth the money
- 15 salty snacks under 150 calories
- A healthy recipe for pulled turkey chipotle chili
- City: the best LA spots to cure your Jan. 1 hangover
- Do companies want you to shop online while tipsy during happy hour?
2011 has been a big year for Olivia Wilde. Along with nabbing roles in Cowboys & Aliens, Tron, and In Time, the 27-year-old actress became one of Revlon's newest brand ambassadors. "It was exciting to join a company that wants to empower women through beauty and help them harness their inner confidence," she said Monday in New York City. "We're really in sync on that." When asked about her beauty essentials, Olivia was refreshingly low-maintenance. "Sleep is like a beauty product," she said. "If I could buy it in a bottle, I would." Until that happens, though, here's what Olivia reaches for again and again:
Eyeliner: "It's what looks best for my face and my eyes," Olivia says. "All I need is to put some sort of definition on my eyes and it makes it appropriate for night. I wish I could be really good with shadows, but that takes a little bit more time and consideration."
Eye drops: Olivia prefers those with a cooling effect. "That's actually a beauty thing that you don't think about often, to have good eye drops in your bags," she says. "Particularly if you're working a 16-hour day and you need to take your look all day long."
Skin care: "I use the cheapest possible skin care — not because it's cheap, but because it's the best," says Olivia. "Dermatologists have recommended it for years and I've never paid attention. But recently I started using Cetaphil cleanser and CeraVe moisturizer. They're gentle and simple."
Hair care: Looking for glossy hair like Olivia's? One of her regular red-carpet stylists, David Babaii, uses Couture Color Pequi Oil Treatment before red-carpet events.
- Mind-bending braids you must see!
- 10 pumpkin treats you don't have to make!!
- Pregnant Jessica Simpson meets some cute kids at her latest launch
- A rumor we hope is true: is Kate Middleton pregnant?
- 10 creative ideas for your family holiday photos!
- Celebrate Emma Stone's style on her 24th birthday
- WSJ. Magazine editor Deborah Needleman on the perfectly imperfect home
- Do you want to see Jennifer Lopez as Carmen Sandiego?
- Video: Whoops! Kelly Rowland says Beyoncé's having a girl
- The basics on starting an emergency fund
- Find out who won the New York City marathon!
- How-tos for new cat owners!
- City: Find out what the head designer from J. Crew had to say in SF!
- Why you should use your mobile phone, not laptop, to find a date!
- How to make your own rope headboard!
Rachel Zoe made an appearance at NYC's Plaza Hotel yesterday to show off the new lipsticks from Exude. The stylist teamed up with the company's founders, Diane Breidenbach and Laurence Mille, to promote the products, which have a unique applicator. Instead of a chuck-on lipstick that you gradually apply, Exude has a crystal applicator that releases a small amount with each use. Rachel spoke about Diane and Laurence's innovation and also shared some of her personal beauty preferences. As a new mom to 7-month-old Skyler, Rachel adores organics and loves moisturizer. She also said that her own range of beauty products could someday be a reality. Rachel told us:
- On the importance of moisturizing: "I just think moisture is key in your skin, in your lips, in your eyes. You're never too young to start wearing moisturizer and eye creams. I'm a huge moisture advocate. Everywhere. Just lather yourself with oils before you go to bed. You have to — or you'll regret it later!"
- On what comes first, the clothes or the makeup: "I'd almost always wear a major lip with anything. I pretty much do outfit first, but I would say even when I'm in my dressed-down clothes and I'm running and doing errands — I always have a lip on. Always, always, always. I never go anywhere without lips. I just don't. I never have. I have pictures of me when I was 13 with a major lip on. I don't know why, but that's just my thing and I almost feel naked without it."
- On beauty trends she doesn't love: "I don't love too much glitter. I think that is a little trendy. I think a little bit of dust that catches the light is kind of fascinating, but when you overdo it, it's not so cute . . . I think beauty is a thing, it's so easy to have fun with, with just colors. Just go outside the box with yourself."
- On doing her own makeup line: "We'll see! I'll never say never to anything ever again because I said never to half the things that I'm doing now. So now I'm just not going to make myself look like an idiot and say — maybe! You know it would be a logical thing for me to do. Because I honestly love it and it's part of the whole process of getting dressed, and nothing fascinates me more than the complete look . . . the answer is, I'm sure that I will. I'm going to feel like I really have to, because I want to."
Keep reading to hear about how Rachel got involved with Exude, the colors she loves most, and the other products she loves.