Posts for October 13th 2007
A little piece of Vera goes a long way, and right now that little piece is more attainable than ever! Her collection for Kohl's, Simply Vera, is currently on sale, which makes some of the tops and bags around $40!
If you need a good Fall coat, might I suggest this Simply Vera Vera Wang Long Textured Coat, $103 (originally $128). The short sleeves make it smart for layering over a long-sleeved top. Plus, I absolutely love the shape of the collar!
- Why is it that today's models can't stand up straight?
- Oui Oui! Be sure to check out all my Paris fashion week coverage!
- See who's wearing what with our fabulous Celebrity Styles.
- Read my Trend Alerts to find out what's haute right NOW.
- Our newest fascination: Gossip Girl! Did you catch last week's episode?
- So tell me...Who Wore It Better?
- The hot topic of the week: Victoria Beckham's potential Halloween costumes.
- The Sex and the City movie is in production! Check out Carrie's first outfits!
- Go Tina go! Here's my ode to The Queen of Rock n' Roll.
- Be sure to vote on the battle of the Lhuillier! Gorgeous.
Kate's peroxided blonde hair got me thinking about Debbie Harry, and how fresh she is. If you want to know more about her, read all about it, but I wanted to share my favorite music video of hers. Let's start with her sassy little outfit — black sequined strapless top, high waisted shorts, a sash tied around her waist and black heels — so chic 2007 now and so chic 80s then. Harry piled on clothes and accessories a lot of the time but in this video she exercised restraint, and it did her body good. The video itself is dreamy and random, as she visits and dances with various peeps in different urban settings. The best part though is her rap. Not many white girls have rapped successfully, especially about a man from Mars who eats cars and bars where the people meet! Too funny. Leave it to Harry to pull it off, she is just enrapturing.
Sit back, relax and enjoy the FABTV.
Designer Martin Margiela offers his MM6-line shoppers a reusable bag when they purchase something. But it's no ordinary flimsy shopping bag; it is made of braided polypropylene, which means it won't rip. If you'd rather get a totally cool shopping bag with images from the MM6 collection, then you're in luck.
You're looking at the only Martin Margiela Fall '07/'08 Shopping Bag on eBay right now (FYI: I used a better picture because the one the seller provided is unclear). It's hip, urban and will fool insiders into believing you splurged on a Martin Margiela piece. Plus, you'll be helping the environment by toting it around as an everyday tote.
It's currently priced at $18.22 and the auction ends on Thursday, October 18. Good luck and happy bidding!