Posts for November 16th 2008
Susan Mayer dances next to her daughter in a look that is just as rock and roll as the concert she's attending. There's a lot to her outfit, but the most covetable piece is the leather vest (shop a similar version from Noir). From there, grab the gold necklace and belt and pair them with black skinny jeans and a plum top and you'll be ready to boogie.
Photo courtesy of ABC
- Can you tell the difference between real and fake fur?
- We swoon when we see power couple Gisele Bundchen and Tom Brady; we had to give them some love.
- Are you good with faces? Designer faces? Test your fashion designer ID smarts.
- Take our always-fun The Hills fashion quiz.
- Lookie at my November most wanted.
- Take this week's Gossip Girl fashion quiz. Didn't Blair look divine in ruffles?
- Are you a handbag fanatic? Match the celebrity to her hot handbag.
- We won't let this shrinking economy talk get you down; read our fashion recession tips.
- Admire the new Bond girl we're crushing on: Olga Kurylenko.
- Lindsay Price's Victory Ford looked delish on this week's Lipstick Jungle.
- It's that time. Holiday shop early to stay stress-free. Check out our Fab Gift Guides.
- Is it me or is the red carpet awash with LBDs?
- White was also a hot color this week — which lady in white was most Fab?
- The Country Music Awards provided much red carpet fare — what did you think of the looks?
This week's Look Book was all about personal style. I love seeing the variety of fun frocks and booties. The looks this week range from pop of color to prairie chic to gorgeous gray to floral waterfall to cunning Comme des Garcons to thrift girl. I like how OldSchooler added a pop of color to her sexy black ensemble. Fab. Click through our slideshow to see our favorite looks!
With Madonna serving as Louis Vuitton's Spring muse, my mind wandered into Madonna world. "Like a Virgin" is a very playful song, but it stirred up controversy. The lyrics alone made parents blush. While gliding around Venice, Madonna set her tone: rebellious, stylish, iconic. No wonder she got so big, so fast. From day one, girls (and some boys) emulated her too-cool style signatures — lace, layered necklaces (and bracelets and belts), cut out tees, leggings, feathered hair. Since you're not going to be able to resist singing along — we all know the words — revel in Madonna's early years. How cute is she dancing around on the gondola? Too cute, too cool.
Ferretti and bubbly? Yes, please. Parties are aplenty in Hollywood, but when it's for Alberta Ferretti and Vogue, you bring it proper. That's exactly what celebs did at Alberta Ferretti's flagship store party on Melrose. Everyone looked Fab — there were many stunners. Nicky, January, and Nicole shimmered in metallic tones, while Lucy and Sanaa experimented with cool blues. All Alberta Ferretti, all amazing. Which party look do you prefer?