Posts for November 2nd 2008
Lauren Conrad wore, what else, Lauren Conrad to promote her clothing line on her college tour. Here she wore a red strapless dress from the collection and paired it with a belt from Nikki Jaggs. Not much else to the look, but a pair of black pumps and a circle necklace. It's just the way we like Lauren: simple, yet stylish.
Photo courtesy of Source
- We got a sneak peek at the De Young museum's Yves Saint Laurent exhibit — a must see.
- Get Victory Ford's blue monochrome look from this week's Lipstick Jungle.
- Stylista is already hot. This week the kids got fashion schooled — do you know your darts from your knits?
- The Fall '09 bridal shows are underway. Peruse our favorite brides.
- How well do you know your Kat(i)e's?
- I have decided on my top 10 Spring collections. Who were your favorites?
- Nicole Richie revealed her House of Harlow jewelry collection this week, we likie.
- Take our always-fun The Hills fashion quiz.
- Be impressed by Saks San Francisco's spankin' new shoe department — we were.
- Halloween is over — I hope you had a scary one. Keep my favorite holiday alive by flipping through the most Fab Halloween costumes of yesteryear and admiring the master of Halloween ceremonies, Heidi Klum's past costumes.
- Take this week's Gossip Girl fashion quiz! Jenny's funky fit got our attention.
- We won't let this shrinking economy talk get you down; read our fashion recession tips.
- This week the Olsens graced us with their presence. Which Olsen influences you more? On the flip side, was PETA's protesting them freaky or fabulous?
This week's Look Book varied from feminine frocks to dark ensembles. I love seeing the plethora of distinctive outfits. Here are five fun looks. Congratulations!
No video beats Michael Jackson's Thriller when it comes to Halloween time, and time in general — it is an eternal masterpiece. But I did my best to dig up another spooky vid. Spooky bands . . . hmmm, The Cure! No one is the goth master like Robert Smith and his teased black hair, chalky skin, and trembling voice. This is my favorite Cure song, though I kinda hate the video — it has a spider theme and I hate spiders. So I apologize if you do too and are watching this with a Halloween hangover. Alas, it's an ill song, where Smith gets invaded by an elusive Spiderman character. Cobwebs and creepy crawlers abound — hope you had a Fab Halloween!
This week was bursting with beautiful looks thanks to the Rome Film Festival. While some dazzled in their fancy frocks, others preferred to keep it more casual and flirty. Ashley Tisdale shined in her fun embellished Jenny Packham dress, while Margherita Missoni rocked in a pair of shiny harem pants. There's no doubt that each starlet stood out in her unique ensemble, but which look do you prefer?