This week on Fab, it was all about the melding of masculinity and femininity. Fabcon Diane Keaton, alienlike Carmen Kass, and Sasha Pivarova dressed as John Galliano provided some androgynous eye candy. Polka dots, florals, and bright colors represented the Springy selection. Coincidence or not, a handful of stunning black and white photos were also sprinkled in, rounding out the week.
Posts for March 30th 2008
Concert season seems to have already started, and I for one am stoked. There's nothing groovier than attending a live music show with some buddies and getting down. This song by French duo Justice has been around the world by now — I first heard it last Summer at the famous Boombox in London. Amidst London party kids and more London party kids, I was transported back to the '80s — but the good '80s. Technotronic music, neon colors, robotic graphics, a time when geeks like Devo became cool.
This vid gives new meaning to cool tees. The duo simply walk around while dope graphics appear on their shirts, coordinating with the song lyrics. It's all pretty fresh. I was transported again the other night when I saw Justice live. This is very much a more modern '80s sound though; pulsating beats, build ups, and quirky sound effects. A bit hard to explain, hear for yourself . . .
Everyone else, submit your looks today, and I just might feature you on FabSugar! If you live overseas and have a fab outfit to share, join the Overseas Fashionistas Group and to submit a Look in this group, learn how to post a blog.
- The big controversy of the week: Is Vogue a racist and a weightist?!
- It's March Shopping Madness! Peruse our favorite shoes, bags, dresses, and accessories of Spring.
- Meet Fabcon: Diane Keaton.
- Join me on my way to a Fab closet!
- Be sure to read all my New York Fashion Week, London Fashion Week, Milan Fashion Week, and Paris Fashion Week coverage!
- See who's wearing what with our fabulous Celebrity Styles.
- So tell me . . . Who wore it better?
- Win Hilary Duff's Lucky cover look!
- Read my Trend Alerts to find out what's haute right now.
- Learn all about the house of Emanuel Ungaro.
- Gotta love fashion's freaky and fabulous fanfare!