This week, I asked for you to style me up in something hot for the holidays. I wanted something sizzling, sequined . . . sexy — basically a blowout holiday look for any seasonal soiree. Calicocobuble brought her A-game to the challenge and fulfilled everything I was looking for, even a bit of tulle. Here's to a very happy holiday.
Posts for December 17th 2010
Michelle Trachtenberg looked cute in gray and black as she worked a geek-chic outfit at a Trevor Project event in Universal City. It's all about her cat-eye eyeglasses, but the Louis Vuitton bag (not available to purchase online) is very on-trend too. Keep the rest of the ensemble simple — like Michelle — and you'll look just as adorable.
This week's best-dressed celebs turned out a red carpet fashion fest. Not that there wasn't some outstanding street style — Nicky Hilton, I'm looking at you — but, just as you'd expect for the holiday season, celeb event dressing stole the show. Jessica Alba gave us a white-hot party frock, Malin Akerman kept it cool in denim, and Rosario Dawson gave us absolute elegance. Inside, there's much, much more. Click through to see who else caught my eye.
We love a double-threat — brains and beauty like the gorgeous Daria Werbowy playing savvy reporter for Peter Lindbergh's lens. Under the style direction of Grace Coddington, and playing dress up in Prada, Marc Jacobs, and Versace, Daria channels femininity, strength, and ultimately, a little romance for this month's Vogue. We can't help but get swept away with the vintage-inspired style and the desert landscapes.
- Color block is the new floral — The Cut
- More speculation about Kate Middleton's wedding dress designer — FabSugar UK
- Natalie Portman's inner circle of fashion friends — People
- The Fall/Winter 2011 London Fashion Week schedule is now in — Vogue UK
- The Weekender: an office party outfit — Stylelist
- Festive jackets, coats, and cardigans for the holidays — Fashionologie
- Help Jessica Simpson make another billion at Overstock — The Budget Fashionista
- Red carpet trend: Winter whites — Red Carpet Fashion Awards
- Pilar Olaverri's Spring collection for Derek Lam available early — W Editors' Blog
- Boulevard: Winter color pop — Hilltop Glossy
- Gearing up for the cold weather — Vogue Daily
- Gift guides 2010: young and edgy — Purse Blog
Ciara worked the red carpet wearing a hot-to-trot leather ensemble to celebrate a Diddy album release party. Her The Row dress is available online, but her Christian Louboutin studded-bow stilettos, unfortunately, are not. Therefore shop these similar Prada pumps with pink makeup to shine just like Ciara.
If you're not familiar with LA-based Kova & T, you're just in time for the label's collaboration to hit Urban Outfitters stores for a second time. With a line of femme little dresses, skirts, and tees, featuring lace cutouts and all the details we love for dressing up, the collaboration's second launch at Urban couldn't have come at a better time. Available online and in stores, this is the pretty party stuff that's ideal for getting fancy for the holidays — plus, it's all under $100, and if you shop now, you'll receive 10 percent off your purchase until Dec. 23. So even with your gift shopping, there's still room in the budget for you.
Reese Witherspoon went shopping in style as she strolled through Barneys in Beverly Hills. Wearing an army jacket that we've seen before, Reese differentiated the look with a navy sweater and orchid-colored scarf. Blue jeans and a brown bag and boots make the look complete. Shop similar items now.