Posts for December 31st 2010
What do you do when you want to make a pretty dress more crisp, or soften up a sharp blazer? If you're FabSugar reader Dessert Plate Design, you combine them for a modern, Parisian chic outfit that can go effortlessly from day to night. She layers a flirty red dress over a black tee and navy blazer, adds killer black booties and a sophisticated purse, and — poof! — she has a pretty yet crisp outfit that rocks.
Congrats to Dessert Plate Design!
Everyone else, submit your looks, and I might feature you on FabSugar!
BCBGMAXAZRIA has kicked off its annual Winter sale, and with amazing pieces at under $100, there's no reason not to splurge. Or at least take a peek. When combing through, we came across 10 styles that would look smashing in our Fab closets. A little leopard here, a little bling there, some lace, some draping, and we have a selection worth spending the holiday cash we received on!
With 2011 almost upon us, it's hard not to think about the future. At Fab, that means thinking about what we're going to be wearing. We love us some Princess Leia; with her sleek, white dress and sculptural jewelry, she totally predicted that we would be obsessed with futuristic shapes. They're sleek, edgy, and totally modern. Click items to buy!
Tonight's the big event — when the ball drops we'll be bidding farewell to 2010 and welcoming the New Year. To help you do it in style, we've been counting down to a fabulous New Year's with 14 days of inspired outfits from some of our favorite iconic celebrity looks. In case you missed it, here they are: 14 ways to dress it up for a memorable night out.
- Carrie Bradshaw's iconic tutu makes a party-perfect look.
- Try on something jaw-dropping and dramatic a la Cher.
- Make it a hot look in an LRD like Beyoncé.
- Channel Kate Moss's rocker-chic flapper.
- Keep it chic with a preppy twist like Alexa Chung.
- Borrow from Lauren Hutton's gold and glitzy look.
- Let Anna Dello Russo inspire you to go all out in feathers.
- Get Holly Golightly's classic, glam look.
- Steal Bianca Jagger's sultry Studio 54 style.
- Blake Lively provides a sexy-chic way to wear black and white.
- Channel your inner diva a la Diana Ross.
- Get Grace Kelly's princess look.
- Channel Gisele's glittery glamazon moment.
- Let Jennifer Connelly's sexy tuxedo inspire your look.