Posts for August 6th 2010
Let's be real: a style slump occurs every now and again. In the Winter, it's usually January; in the Summer, it's right about now. I think by August people really succumb to the mellow vibe of Summer and let loose — I mean, even posh spectacle Gwyneth Paltrow threw together laid-back khakis and a tank this week. Admittedly, I've been wearing the same few pairs of cropped jeans in rotation (one of them is white though!) and tank tops, blazer, and sandals. But there's always some style to inspire; peruse Iman, Kate Beckinsale, Eva Mendes, and others. The highlight of the week was definitely Leighton Meester's rad cobalt fringed booties.
A return to minimalism is on the horizon, and it's evident in Selma Blair's sharp look. Her sheer overlay strapless Stella McCartney dress is a classic for the closet, while black leather peep-toes and a patent burgundy clutch do no wrong. A tough spiked leather bracelet, a finger full of diamonds, and subtle diamond earrings provide perfect sparkle.
Check out CelebStyle for many more celebrity looks!
Amy Smart looked simply chic in a white draped Tadashi Shoji frock at an event in LA.
- Hear Daisy Lowe talk about her personal style — FabSugar UK
- Victoria Beckham to design handbags with Katie Hillier — Vogue UK
- Peter Pilotto to sell shoes this Fall — WWD
- First look: Dolce & Gabbana motion pictures movie — Fashion Copious
- Heidi Klum wears Chloe on Project Runway — Red Carpet Fashion Awards
- Save on star style — People
- Drivers claim nude Reebok billboard a a deadly distraction — Stylelist
- Bottega Veneta knot Marcapunto stitched clutch — Bag Snob
- David Yurman's Summer party — Vogue Daily
- Twenty funky Fall tights — The Cut